Chapter Nineteen

Trigger warnings: trauma, injection, death

Xisuma didn't understand where he was. All he knew was that the bed was very comfortable, and the beeping to the left side of his head felt in rhythm with his heartbeat.

He rocked his head back and forth to the beat before pouting as his stomach grumbled.

"Mumbo! I'm hungry!"

There was no answer.

"Doooooooc! Give me food!"

He heard quick footsteps and then a beautiful familiar face loomed before his hazy vision.

"Stress!" He cried making grabby hands at her. She relented into the hug.

"Xisuma be quiet!"

X giggled. Quiet? How could he be quiet when his Stressy was back with him.

"I can't be quiet Stress. I missed you too much and now I feel like SINGING FROM THE ROOF-"

Stress slapped a hand over his mouth. The look on her face was a mixture of shock, disappointment, and worry.

X licked her hand and she quickly pulled her wrist back, crinkling her eyebrows in disgust.

"What is wrong with you?!"

X shrugged his shoulders.

"I don't know, what's wrong with you? Don't tell me you are like the rest of them now"

"The rest of them?"

"Yeah" X rolled his eyes and crossed his arms in front of his chest like a child. "Mumbo, Doc, and False are being so mean to me! Look what they did to my poor wrists!"

He held his raw wrist in her face.

"I told them over and over and over that I wouldn't run because my Stressy was waiting for me, but they didn't believe me!"

Stress stared at him for a moment before quietly taking some healing salve out of her pocket. She began to massage it into his wrists, and he sighed at the cool relief.

"My Stressy is so good to me" he chirped.

"X... why are you acting this way?"

"What do you meeeeeeaaaaaaan? I'm acting totally normal!" He stuck his tongue out at the end to emphasize his point.

"Ok ok you're right" she said soothingly, moving to heal his other wrist. "You know what? How about I take a bit of blood from you, and run a few tests. Then we can go from there ok?"

"Oh no!" X grabbed her face and squeezed it. "Am I sick?!"

She pulled away from his grasp.

"Well I don't-"

"I'm dyyyyyyiiiiiiiiiiiiiing" Xisuma wailed, kicking his feet in a halfhearted tantrum. "Stressy how could you let this happen?! You're supposed to be a doctor!"

"So are you!" She hissed through gritted teeth. "Please be quiet!"

"I want chocolate"

"You... what?"

"Give me chocolate and I'll be quiet"