weak; 07

It was something about the way his skin glowed

It was something about the way his skin glowed ...

"Hey, Z, you want some breakfast?" Nick asked as the younger boy shuffled into the kitchen. Brandon looked up for his eyes to land on the caramel skinned boy and his breath caught in his throat at how stunningly beautiful he looked even after just waking up. Zion only glanced over in Brandon's direction, rolling his eyes as he made his way to sit at the kitchen table. When he sat, Brandon didn't fail to notice Zion's shirt clinging to his upper body, revealing the baby bump.

He couldn't bear to see his heart on the floor, even if it was his fault ...

"No Brandon, it's not unfair that I don't want to hear your bullshit, which is constantly all you talk." Zion spat as he left Brandon standing in the hallway to get to his room. Brandon followed, "Don't you dare come in here." Zion hissed as he stopped Brandon, who opted to just stand underneath the doorframe of Zion's door. 

"I'm so so sorry, I've been so selfish. Baby ..." Brandon was so desperate now, his heart squeezing when Zion gave him the nastiest glare, stating through clenched teeth, "Don't call me that." Brandon was about to open his mouth, but Zion opened his again, only for Brandon to shut his own mouth. "All you've ever done is hurt me Brandon and put me through so much shit. I keep letting you back in and screwing myself over because I'm stupid. I'm stupid for letting you into my world, I'm stupid for fucking you, I'm stupid for loving you—..."

Brandon's brows met, "You...love me?"

"Loved, Brandon." Zion emphasized on the d, the tears were falling, "I'm trying so hard not to hate you." He sobbed, Brandon's heart ached when he said that and went over to hold Zion. The boy melted into Brandon, his legs getting weak as Brandon went with him down to the floor. "You fucking hurt me ..." He cried, too weak to fight against him to get off of him or just too weak to deal with it all.

He had all he needed in front of him ...

"You ready to go?" Brandon asked. Zion sighed, he raised his foot, "Tie it for me, please?" Brandon could only laugh and let the boy rest his foot on his leg and oblige to his request. Zion fell back onto the bed, "I swear this is a job within its self." Zion huffed, Brandon tapping his calf to switch his foot. Zion took the hint, his other foot resting on Brandon's leg. "But it'll be rewarding soon babe ..." He nervously glanced at Zion to see how he would respond, he only sighed, his hands resting on top of his belly. After helping Zion with his shoes, he held onto the hands of the light skin to help pull him to his feet. 

It was two months after their heated discussion and Brandon was ready to have Zion back, call Zion his and raise their child together, but reasonably, Zion was skeptical about falling for Brandon's okey-dokey right now. Zion wasn't going to deny Brandon the right of participating in the baby's life as a father, but he wasn't sure the two would become a "thing", because their definitely wasn't no relationship before, no label to eachother or what they had going on. It saddened Zion and made him feel like he was just being used for sex, but he would be foolish to think that and Brandon would immediately scold Zion for even entertaining the idea if he knew.

They were sitting in the waiting room of the doctor's office, Zion leaning on Brandon as he scrolled through his phone, but he started dozing off

They were sitting in the waiting room of the doctor's office, Zion leaning on Brandon as he scrolled through his phone, but he started dozing off. Brandon's body would vibrate everytime he chuckled (Tss ss ss headass 🐍) at him, noticing the phone slowly slipping out of Zion's hand. Zion's named was called, slightly stretching as he got up and followed the nurse. His brows furrowed as he sat through getting his vitals checked. ARIES 🙅🏽‍♂️. The name flashed across his screen and it took him aback. He swore off ever talking to the other, but the curiosity was there. Zion snapped out of it as the nurse told them his exam room's number. His anxiety must've been evident because Brandon stood next to him, comfortingly racking his fingernails over Zion's back while Zion held onto his free hand.

When Zion saw the blob on the screen that was his baby, the sound of the baby's heartbeat filling his ears, he couldn't hold it anymore as he let a few tears slip down his face.

"Brandon... That's our baby..." Zion breathed, Brandon could only smile with pure joy, his lips touching Zion's forehead to lay a gentle kiss. After the sonogram and briefly discussing delivery plans, Zion and Brandon left. When the two got in the car, there was an long moment of silence before Brandon broke it, "I'm so glad to be doing this with you out of all the people in the world Z..."

Zion softly smiled, reaching to grab his hand and lightly squeeze it. They made it to the house they shared with the others, Zion feeling a sharp stab of jealousy when he saw Maggie waiting for Brandon in their driveway, "We need to talk.." was all she said, obviously something was needing to be discussed and Zion wasn't going to get in the way. He rushed to get the keys from Brandon so he could get into the house, not even glancing in Maggie's way, "I need you back, B..."

"Maggie..." Brandon sighed heavily, staring at Zion's back as he finally got the front door open, "I can't..."

"I'm pregnant..."

Brandon cringed when he heard the front door slam shut.