5

As Mingyu lay there once again waiting for his pills he actually began to smile to himself. He'd never felt so human, being paraded around all his life meant he'd never gotten the chance to realise he was just an animal who had basic needs, how fragile his mere existence was.

Unfortunately the smiling was short lived when he realised basic human needs included having to pee. He strained to move his legs but when he could hardly feel below his torso that was a slight problem. He was reminded of how dependant he still was at this stage, weakly wiping his hand over his face and letting out a sharp hiss alerting him of the bruising that occupied most of his face.

Wonwoo reentered again with a small white pill, neither were sure of the correct dosage but figured two wouldn't be enough for an overdose. After taking the pill Mingyu looked up again at the boy before him, "Wonwoo... I need to pee." He cringed as the words left his lips, anticipating how awkward this would be for both of them.

To his surprise Wonwoo's face was blank, replying with a blunt, "Okay." And exiting the room.

He came back shortly, presenting the younger with a small metal bucket and going around the side of the bed, "What are you- Argh," Mingyu felt Wonwoo's large palms grab his side like a forklift and push him onto his side. "Jesus fuck that hurt like hell."

"My name is Wonwoo not 'jesus fuck'."

Mingyu alligned the bucket underneath his covers, only catching a small glimpse of what was underneath, causing him to throw his head back violently. "What is it?" Wonwoo asked, seeing the sharp action.

"I just can't bring myself to look yet, I'm- wait stop staring you perv." Mingyu said noticing Wonwoo's eyes fixated on his crotch area.

"I'm waiting for you to finish also what's a perv?" Wonwoo didn't stop looking.

It was evident Mingyu would need awhile to adjust to the older's lack of social knowledge; he tried hard not to blame him for it but it didn't stop the red forming on his cheeks.

"Look just leave the room also don't worry,"

"Ok."

Mingyu was finally alone to do what he needed to do even if it took his body a bit of convincing due to the explicit nature of it all, he didn't like being exposed like this but he had no choice. He let out a weak "Done." Which lead Wonwoo to renter and swiftly take away the bucket without a word which he was definitely thankful for.

Once returning back into the room Wonwoo had a strange look about him, "I was thinking and I do want something from you in turn for looking after you, Gyu." There was a smirk on his face that made Mingyu's brain run wild once again, Wonwoo sat on the side of the bed, only increasing his worry.

"I want you to teach me about your world."

Mingyu let out a sigh he didn't know he was holding in, the boy definitely had a way of obliviously making him incredibly tense for no reason, "Phew, okay Ariel I can do that,"

"Who's Ariel? I keep telling you I'm Wonwoo."

Mingyu started laughing, it was a nice deep laugh and Wonwoo liked the sound, he hadn't heard laughter in years and definitely wasn't expecting it from someone in such a bad state but there he was laughing and so he joined in even if he didn't understand the joke.

Wonwoo's nose scrunched up as he laughed and Mingyu cooed at him, he had such a perfect innocence growing up in this untouched world, he wish he could say the same about himself.

"When it gets to spring and you're better we can find one of those hospitals and take you there as long as you promise to never tell anyone about me," His face was serious now, scanning the younger's swollen eyes,

"Deal."

"Great! Now, tell me what a perv is,"

Wonwoo sat on the younger's bed for hours, tentatively listening to the younger's ramblings about anything and everything, nothing serious and nothing about himself but general facts and ideas, cool animals on the other side of the world, technology Wonwoo wouldn't even thought could exist, slightly dodgy retelling of favourite books and films, everything.

"Mother said your world was deadly but it sounds amazing!" Wonwoo was really acting like a little boy, infatuated by all the new information.

"You've talked about your mother a lot, is she still around?" Mingyu asked softly, he was aware he shouldn't pry so early but her constant presence in his vocabulary was throwing him off.

"No," Wonwoo said, face morphing to one of complete void extremely quickly, changing the whole atmosphere as he was beginning to shake.

"I killed her." He said in the most mouse like voice possible.

Mingyu's face twisted into one of shock and horror, never had his opinions on someone been so volatile in such a short amount of time.

Wonwoo saw his look of fear and retracted into a ball, pushing his knees up to his chin, eyes welling up. "I didn't want to say that but I can't lie and mother said that not saying anything at all was the same as lying."

One by one wet tears dropped onto the thin blanket, "P-please don't hate me," He looked desperate and Mingyu didn't know what to do, a killer was sat on his bed crying and he couldn't move but he seemed so sorry about it.

Before he could ask further Wonwoo got up abruptly and ran out the room, slamming the door as Mingyu scrunched up his face since he was still so sensitive.

It was such a quick 180 all he could do was lie there dumbfounded, not that he had many other options but he didn't know how to process this and without any context, questions once again began to eat him whole, they consumed him and the fear he felt was suffocating.