22

Wonwoo woke up to a face directly in front of his, he jumped slightly as he opened his eyes to match the pair staring back at him, "Good morning birthday boy," Mingyu grinned. "Gyu, what is this all about?" Wonwoo chuckled, the slight jump scare waking him up quickly.

"You see I've devised a plan, yes I may only have gotten three hours of sleep but no one has ever directly died due to a lack of it therefore I conclude this will be totally worth it," He smiled, gesturing to a nonexistent whiteboard behind him. Before Wonwoo could explain that it really wasn't his birthday and although Mingyu was being very cute it wasn't the time, he was being pulled out of bed by Mingyu's impressive upper body strength and into a loving kiss, he responded quickly, brain kicking into gear and kissing back to chase the addictive feeling.

"That's your first present done," Mingyu winked, "Hey, that's unfair, those are usually free!" Wonwoo pouted, suddenly very intrigued by the concept of these presents. "You'll get 23, well, 22 now to make up for lost birthdays and when you're ready present 2 is coming right up." Mingyu giggled, genuinely more excited then Wonwoo.

Before Wonwoo could see his present he could smell it, a smell that he hadn't smelt before but a sweet one none the less and one he was very excited for. He gasped sharply, pushing himself out of bed, "You didn't," Mingyu just nodded enthusiastically as he wheeled himself out of the room.

Wonwoo dashed past him, feet padding on the floor heavily as he bounded towards the kitchen in excitement. "Jeon Wonwoo I present to you the marvellous gift to this earth that is pancakes," Mingyu said, plate already with a stack of five complete with flashy presentation. Wonwoo's eyes sparkled as he launched at the food, instantly attacking it in an almost rabid way, "Woah, slow down Wonu you'll get sick," Mingyu chuckled, "I made sure all the things I bought weren't too far from your usual diet so your body can handle it, we can introduce new things slowly though," Wonwoo just nodded, too preoccupied with his breakfast to care.

"That was so fuckin' good," He exhaled, putting his cutlery down after only about a minute. Mingyu gasped, wanting to ask who taught him that word when it was obviously him, "Don't use that word Wonu, it doesn't suit you." He scolded lightly. "It's just a word though, what does it mean? Will you get mad if I keep on saying it? Fucking fucking fucking fuck-"

He was stopped by a hand over his mouth, "I'll tell you when you're older," Mingyu could only shake his head at the childishness of it all. He wondered if he had a boyfriend or a toddler sometimes. Wonwoo pouted, deciding it was best to shut up about it though as he observed the utter defeat in Mingyu's eyes. "What's my next present?" He asked.

"Calm down, you've only just had your second but fine, this is probably the one I worked the hardest on actually, I'm not going to lie I haven't exactly planned this day out perfectly but thing this was going to be a surprise anyway," Mingyu grinned and wheeled his way out of the kitchen and into the main room, fiddling around in an old writing desk before encasing something in his hands.

"Oh please don't tell me it's a mouse, those things are cute and all but I've tried to keep one before and it bit me," Wonwoo flinched away from the closed palms. "Do you really think the guy in the wheelchair would be agile enough to catch you a mouse?" Mingyu asked. "You're literally an athlete so I can't be sure," Wonwoo reasoned, "But just show me already,"

Mingyu unclasped his hands to reveal a tiny wooden cat figurine hand carved out of birch. "Woah!" Wonwoo exclaimed, instantly snatching it and inspecting the little trinket, "This is so much better than your last one, when did you find the time for this?" He asked, "I get lonely when you go out," Mingyu mumbled, suddenly a bit shy with all the praise. Wonwoo got up to hug Mingyu, still clasping the wooden cat. "This is the best day ever and we're only a tiny bit of the way through it," He said, the sound being muffled as he pressed his face onto Mingyu's arm. "Looks like you just used up present number four. "I don't even get free hugs now, I take it back, worst day ever." Mingyu just laughed and pulled him tighter.