18

"Again and again I called out for Midori from the dead centre of this place that was no place." Mingyu read the last line aloud as Wonwoo brushed a few stray tears from his eyes.

"That was awful, it was amazing but it was terrible and I hate it!" Wonwoo exclaimed, rolling around in his bedsheets eliciting a small chuckle from Mingyu. "That was incredible," He said, pulling the older towards him and placing quick kisses atop his head in attempt to stop his small temper tantrum.

Both of them had glazed eyes from the read, "Where do we go from here, I don't know what to do with my life anymore," Wonwoo sat having a mini crisis that it was over. "I don't know actually," Mingyu said, both of them having a sort of post-book depression.

"That was the last book, I can't believe it," Wonwoo was baffled, "Wonu it was only three books, they were hardly going to last us forever." Wonwoo just let out a cute grumble and wrapped himself into their blankets. They lay there for a few minutes in a comfortable silence.

Mingyu often forgot about his state but attempted to get up anyway, it failed but something still caught his eye, "Wonwoo..." He said hesitantly as if saying it too fast might ruin it, the older turned to look at what he was staring at and his eyes widened at the sight.

"I can move again!" Mingyu exclaimed, enamoured by the small twitches he could make in his toes under his blanket, acting like he'd just been told he won the lottery. Wonwoo quickly enveloped him into a hug, "Maybe you'll be able to walk again and heal, you're not paralysed!" Both felt like they could cry even if it was over the smallest thing, "I thought after my fall I'd definitely be screwed but-" His words warped into a hiss and then a bordering on hysterical laugh, "Okay maybe I can't go too far but we have hope,"

"You're incredible," Wonwoo said, admiring the joy on the younger's face. Wonwoo stole a quick kiss before jumping up, "This calls for some celebratory bread!" He chimed, hurriedly running into the kitchen.

It was bittersweet, the time passing. Getting stronger everyday and seeing the winter begging to show it's first signs of new life was wonderful but what was next for them? In the crazy world outside their safe four walls would there even be room for a them? Mingyu's joy was replaced with concern when he thought about it, Wonwoo confessed he wanted to see the world but Mingyu couldn't give him the quiet experience of life and for all he knew a search party could come knocking on his door any day.

"I gave you the bigger bit since- Hey Gyu are you okay?" Wonwoo pouted upon noticing the devoid expression on Mingyu face that he hadn't seen since the start of their ordeal. Mingyu snapped out of it with a quick shake of his head, "It's nothing," He said casually, patting the empty space next to him.

Wonwoo skeptically sat down and handed him his food, "I've gotten better at this whole other emotions thing and something tells me you're lying, lying is bad Mingyu," Wonwoo said quietly, hating to provoke the younger but finding himself unable to ignore it. Mingyu stopped eating his bread to sincerely look at the older's worried features and placed a soft kiss on his lips instead of words.

"You didn't teach me that kissing can also get you out of things you don't want to talk about," Wonwoo said, the action making him more sad. Mingyu looked into his eyes guiltily, it was a problem they'd have to face together so eventually he opened up, "I'm just apprehensive about what is next for us once I'm properly healed. If you're comfortable going out there would it really be the best idea? I'm a different person out there Wonwoo and the more I think the more I just want to be with you and I don't know how easy that'd be in the outside world," Mingyu confessed his worries, Wonwoo had apprehensions himself but he didn't understand why leaving would mean he might not be able to be around anymore.

"I don't understand," Wonwoo said bluntly, "You said the world wasn't as bad as I've been lead to believe but if it wants to take you away that isn't somewhere I want to be," He felt almost betrayed, he couldn't work out why that would be the case unless there was some power tearing them apart. "No Wonwoo, you've got to understand it's just- I've told you about how it is, the fame, the lack of privacy I just wouldn't wish that on anyone and especially not you, I'm just not sure how that would work."

"We can make it work, you've taught me so much and you make me feel safe even when you're the most powerless you've ever been so why worry? There's no need to rush us or this or the world." Wonwoo stroked the back of his hair lovingly, now he could actually touch Mingyu without being scared or apprehensive his feelings only grew. "You have an impressive way with words, I'm just scared," Wonwoo tutted, grasping his hands and holding them up in front of their faces, "I am too, we'd be worse of if we weren't but right now I'm the happiest I've ever been and it's all come from change, just let it happen when the time is right and I promise I won't leave," He punctuated his sentence by bringing their intertwined hands down, allowing him to bring their lips together in a passionate kiss filled with promise and comfort.

When they pulled apart Mingyu just smiled, "It sounds like you want to make this official," Wonwoo's peaceful look turned to one of slight confusion, "Official?" Mingyu realised he was an utter idiot and of course Wonwoo would have no clue how these things worked.

"Jeon Wonwoo do you want to be my boyfriend?"

"What does that mean?"

"Just say yes, idiot,"

"Okay."

Their lips collided once again and Mingyu's petty worries were able to melt away, only time would tell if leaving would be too much change but for now they were content.

Two new lovers, awaiting the coming of spring.