022

"We gotta show him to Mr

"We gotta show him to Mr. Clarke." Lucas says excitedly as they head to their next class. "What if he steals my discovery?" Dustin argues

"He's not gonna steal your discovery?" Mike responds. "You know, I'm thinking about calling it Dustonious Pollywogus." He states. "That is the stupidest name I've ever heard." Ruby speaks. "You're stupid! I bet max would like it. What do you think?" Dustin asks.

"I think you're an idiot." She replies. "You know, when I become rich and famous this one day, don't come crawling back to me saying, 'Oh, my God, Dustin, I'm so sorry for being mean to you back in the 8th grade. Oh, my God.'" He imitates.

Ruby slowly turns around, noticing that Will has stopped walking.

"Will?" She calls. "Yeah?" He snaps out of his transe. "Oh. You just seemed really nervous." She sighs, reaching out her hand.

"It's Dart. It's not safe to have him here." He says as he takes her hand. "I know. We'll talk to Dustin later. We have class now." She nods.

The final bell rings, finally dismissing the students. "Will, Ruby, you coming? Let's go show Mr. Clarke." Mike calls to the two. "What?" He asks as they don't respond, only approach him.

"What?" He asks again. "It's about d'Artagnan." Will says worriedly. "He's from the upside down. I thought it looked familiar, but I didn't know from where." Ruby says.

"I coughed him up into the sink on Christmas Eve." Will adds. "Will, you never told me about that." Ruby frowns at him. "I didn't wanna worry you!"

"That's my job! I worry about you, Will. Ever since the day I saw you in the upside down. All I do is worry about you." She crosses her arms. "Well, I don't need you to worry for me, because my mom already does a pretty good job at that." He fires back.

"Guys! Jesus, stop with this lovers' quarrel." Mike rolls his eyes. "We're not actually fighting." Will sighs. "And we're not actually lovers." Ruby adds.

"You're not?"

The two go red, then look down at their conjoined hands. "No.." Will mutters, removing his hand from hers as she does the same. "What would.. What would make you think that?" Ruby asks in a high pitched voice.

"I don't know... the fact that you're always together. You always hold hands in the halls and wherever you go. You're inseparable. I mean, you're practically married!"

Ruby coughs, nervously scratching the back of her neck. "Married? What? We should go find the others." She sighs. "Yeah- uh, yeah!" Will nods. "You two are pathetic. Will, can I speak to you?" Mike pulls him aside, leaving Ruby alone to her thoughts.