5. That's how I feel

After another five minutes of walking, we finally reached the house. Shiou's bus always drops her off around the same time I get home from school. So as we walked up the driveway Shiou jumped off her bus and gasped, "MR. (Y/N)'S FRIEND!" She ran up and hugged him tightly, "What are you doing here??" She asked, beaming with happiness.

He crouched down and smiled at her, "(Y/N) and I have a project to work on, so I came over to work on it with her."

She jumped up and down, "Yay! Let's go then!" She grabbed his hand and pulled him inside. I put my bag down and pulled my hair up into a messy bun, "You guys want anything to eat or drink? I'm a pretty killer cook ya know!"

Shiou tugged at Tamaki's shirt, "Yeah! (Y/N)! Can you make hot cocoa and Dorayaki?! She's really good at that stuff!" Tamaki nodded, "Yeah sure, I wouldn't mind some."

I gave a thumbs-up, "Alrighty! I'll get that going, Tamaki, you can set up in the living room if you want."

"NO! My favorite TV show is going to be on soon! I want the living room!" Shiou pouted, "Can't you guys do all your smart stuff in your room, (Y/N)?"

I flinched, "Well I mean I guess-"

Tamaki cut me off"Yeah that's fine we can do that instead...I-if that's okay with you. But we can eat first."

I smiled sheepishly, "Yeah okay, we can do that." Shiou led Tamaki to the table. It didn't take me long to get everything done. Shiou was bouncing in her seat. "Wyaa! It looks so good! Thanks (Y/N)!" She chomped down on her bean sprout pancakes. Tamaki smiled, "Yeah I agree, they're amazing, thank you."

We were about done eating when Tamaki tapped Shiou on the shoulder, she turned around and looked at him with eager eyes, "Hey, Shiou, check this out." He held up his hand, a bean sprout popped up from his hand.

The amazement on her face was priceless, "HUUH? HOW DID YOU DO THAT! IT JUST POPPED UP OUTTA NOWHERE! COOOOL! I wish I had a cool quirk like that!"

I almost choked on my hot cocoa, "Shiou are you kidding, your quirk is amazing, It was basically made for a hero." Tamaki raised an eyebrow, "What's your quirk?"

Shiou twiddled her thumbs, "It's...well...um I don't know how to explain it. But I can control any type of particles in the air. Like if there are water particles in the air I can use those particles for a water typed attack, I think."

Tamaki shrugged, "She can explain her quirk better than I could when I was nine. But should we get to work though?"

"Oh right! I forgot that's why you're here haha." I set down my cup and grabbed my bag, I'll meet you upstairs, my room is the first one on the left."

He nodded as I headed upstairs, "Oh my god, he's going to be up here, In my room. Just the two of us, I'm gonna be a nervous wreck! What if we get close? What if he tries to kiss me? Argh, this is so dangerous!" I rambled to myself out loud.

A few minutes later I hear the click of my door opening, I quickly say up on my bed and smiled, "You can just put your bag over there, I'm sorry I don't have a desk, but we can just sit on my bed I guess..." my heart was going insane, my stomach was doing backflips, I felt my face burning up, he's going to be in my bed, this is crazy, my mind is running through all the things that could come from this. I was so enveloped in my hectic thinking I didn't notice him plop down next to me.

He's so close...

"So, how does your quirk actually work?" Tamaki looked up at me, our faces were only a few inches apart

"Uh well, I take my energy and put it through fission, and I use the new energy that it creates and turns it into a bright, powerful, essence that can cover over any handheld object to form weapons, defense objects, and whatever I want. But If I use it too much for too long my arms will start to break apart and burn. So I need to have a lot of energy to use my quirk efficiently."

I look over to see Tamaki writing down notes, and being extremely concentrated. His face was content and calm, A piece of his hair slowly fell in his face, but it didn't bother him. Without thinking I reached out my hand and brushed it behind his ear.

He stopped writing, smiled a little, and went back to writing, but seconds later he stopped again.

"(Y/n)...Can I say something?" He put his pencil down and faced me.

"Yeah, sure." I shifted my position so my entire body was facing him.

"...I...I like you...a lot, as in crush like. Because, even though you have problems talking to people like me, you still shine so brightly. You're like Mirio, you two both shine like the sun, you both bring light to everyone's lives no matter what you do. You understand me, you were the first person to understand me. It's only been a little bit but I feel like I've known you for years. Every time I see you smile I smile, every time you laugh I laugh, It's a pattern that keeps on occurring. Every day I just want to be close to you, and I get upset every time you're talking to another guy because I don't want to lose the one person that I can't live without. And it seems you get more beautiful every day, and I get less lonely when you're around. So yeah...that's how I feel."

I didn't know what to say, the words wouldn't even form in my brain. I felt my heartbeat slower for some reason like it was finally content with the words I just heard. The frantic, panicked thinking toned down to a soft, happy buzzing.

"Tamaki...I-...like you too. I've liked you for a while actually. I was just too scared to say anythi-"

I was cut off by him, which isn't a rare occasion, but this time I was cut off by his lips connecting with mine. My heart skipped a beat as I felt him get closer and deeper into the kiss. I wrapped my arms around his neck and held him close to me. It was like a dream come true. He placed his hand on my cheek, it was a solid minute before he broke the kiss softly. He rested his forehead on mine and took a deep breath.

"I love you (Y/n)."