The Most Important Meeting

"My king, how are we to deal with the rising threat of the government Hunters?" asked a lady of Pandora's court.

I raised my hand out like a stop sign "Peace, Lady Pyrrha. We will continue to build the Zone to a new age and unite all ghosts."

Sam nodded beside me "From city state like islands to an empire stronger than Rome if you will, Lady Pyrrha.".

"Oh" Lady Pyrrha perked as most spirits did when the analogy given was directly related to their core or their island "Thank you my Queen"

Sam looked like she was going to correct the ghost but realized there was little point. Seems like six months of running the zone seemed to kick in and let her know the correction would be useless.

"Lady Pyrrha, would you be so kind as to retrieve our daughter from Lady Pandora?" I smile before she can confirm or deny I take Sam's hand and whisk out of the room.

"Here to sweep me off my feet your majesty"

I rolled my eyes "Please don't call me that. It is weird enough to hear it from all the ghosts that have actively tried to kill me."

She flicked my nose "You are their King, you have been for months"

I shook my head and sneezed. I poked her ribs  in retaliation.

Lady Pyrrha chose that moment to walk in followed by Blossom "Here you are princess. Sorry but I must return to my island"

We wave to the specter but when she is finally gone I feel a body launch into mine. "Lady Pandora says that I need to wait til the other ghost are gone before I treat to less like a King and more like my dad"

I hug her "That is what makes me feel like a king" She looked up at me horrified so I clarified "Hugging you makes me feel like a King, Dear." I made a sour face that I made as Pandora walked into the room "I like your hugs and think you should give me one at the next meeting"

Blossom smiled but before she could speak Pandora made her presence known. "Just because you do not understand the concept of being graceful in court does not mean there is no hope for young Blossom."

"Thank you Lady Pandora" Blossom flushed.

Pandora smiled "You have Sam's blood in you as well. I will see a royal with royal habits one day.". Though she herself looked more like a lynx than a lady with her eyes glowing. If Sam was holding glass she would have raised it.

I fanned my hand at the older spirit " Excuse me for enjoying the simple things in the afterlife and for not idolizing the frivolous affairs of the upper class". Especially when those affairs are forgetting your queen did a gymnastics routine on a chandelier.

"You are the king" Pandora protested

I nod "But I am a friend and a father first"

Sam gave an almost convincing cough.

I twirl her and watch her smile "And husband"

"I don't have my ring yet" she huffs.

I turned my head to hide my smile. Tonight's meeting would change that fact. Clockwork gave me our wedding rings which are perfect but after many design ideas the blacksmith of the Far Frozen and I were able to agree on a ring.

I twirl her once more earning a laugh "Would you like to take a walk through the garden?" To make you happy and to relax me before I stumble over asking the woman my core is promised too to marry me.

"Of course"

Walking through the royal garden was always peaceful even with the dangerous plants and carnivorous fish in the streams. Despite walking the gardens for months little things still caught our attention. Today it was a flock of ghost birds in the trees.

"So pets do go to heaven when they pass" Sam murmured as one landed on her shoulder. I nodded silently letting the singing of the birds fill the air. At some point we fell asleep under the tree to their sweet sound.

"My King" Called a voice waking me from the dream of a - of a - of a something. I look toward the voice "Be thankful I thought to look for you both. The court is meeting soon" With that we ran to the courtroom. "Asleep in the garden. Gods let the girl grow to be better"

We arrived with plenty of time to spare thanks to Pandora. 

"Lord, Ladies" Greeted many ghosts from many different islands.

Clockwork smiled knowingly at me and I nodded. Today was the day.

"I have an announcement to make." I state taking my seat on my throne. Sam takes the throne next mine and Blossom goes to take the seat to my left. Both take a moment to look at me. I stand holding myself with standard I tease Lady Pandora of teaching my daughter.

My family does the same understanding that anything that makes me stand in court holds some importance. I turn to face Sam, the love of my life, the love of my afterlife, trying not to shake.

I bow to her on one knee "Samantha Aylin Madson, will you marry me?"

"Yes" Sam cheered. The ghosts in the room cheered with her except one.

A blue tinted spirit frowned and left the room. The only major detail that I noticed is that their right arm bore a symbol. That of a dripping rose.