a moment's reprieve

It starts slow, the attraction.

Manageable.

Just a harmless crush.

And Jennie isn't even sure when it happens, can only be certain that it does and that there's no going back. No way to change it or stop it now that it's arrived. It's only after the thought cements itself that she starts noticing what she's doing. What she's probably been doing for a while now.

She leans in a littler closer than she does with anyone else, finds limbs brushing with more frequency when they're sat beside one another or walking close. Her hands linger a little longer than normal at Jisoo's hips, her arms, as they trail along her fingers, and it's not so much about helping the brunette with the choreography anymore. If it ever was.

It's about just touching Jisoo, because Jennie finds herself unable hold back. She always has, but this....

Addiction springs to the forefront of her mind and it's then that Jennie realises she's in trouble.

Weariness drags her body to her bed, depositing it atop the covers and pulling a groan from her. Practise had been particularly brutal in a variety of ways and Jennie wants to sink into unconscious and finally rest. Rest her body and her brain. Put thoughts of murdering Aubrey to one side while she shoves those centred around pinning Jisoo to the nearest wall in the opposite direction. Fingers disappear into red curls and grasp a handful.

Part of her wonders if Jisoo has any idea. What she's doing, without actually doing anything. Jennie's almost always sure it's unintended, that the looks and the dry flirtation aren't what she thinks they are, but then there are days like today where part of her is screaming about how Jisoo has to know. Has to. She can't be blind to the way she presses back into Jennie as they're going over moves and laughs in that stupid, giggly way she almost never does when she trips over Jennie's feet and falls into the other woman. Pressing their bodies together in a way Jennie can feel right down to her toes and sometimes it's too much. Heat races under her skin and it's all she can do not to tremble.

A surge of adrenaline rushes her at the memory, sweeping her up and off her feet in an instant only to drop her in the lap of desire itself.

She wants Jisoo. She wants Jisoo in ways she's never wanted another person. Enough that she hasn't simply walked over and made her desires known like she would with anyone else. Jisoo's different. And every inch of Jennie feels that whenever she's in her presence.

Her eyelids slide closed and blue eyes light the darkness that welcomes her. There comes the brush of soft hair against her cheek and then her breath hitches at the brush of lips against the shell of her ear.

"You want me to touch you?" Jennie feels her gut tighten, her breath hitch. Her cheeks are burning and all the air has left the room but somehow she finds enough to whisper.

"Yes." The sound of Jisoo's laughter teases the side of her face and goosebumps scatter to all ends of her body. Her toes curl against the bedspread, tugging uselessly on the material as she licks suddenly dry lips. Jennie feels a single fingertip wander from her wrist to her shoulder and she shudders.

"How much?" The air leaves her in an unexpected and noisy exhalation and Jennie's brow furrows, an odd mix of emotion rushing up to greet her without warning.

"Sometimes...." her voice is a murmur in the dark, "I feel like I'll die if you don't." She doesn't close off her emotions, it's something people either love or hate about her. It's something that endears her to some and gets her into trouble with others.

But it doesn't seem to do anything at all to Jisoo.

The most Jennie receives is an eyeroll or begrudging smiles that seem a little too soft at the edges to be truly resentful.