malibu and pineapple

Jennie might be more than a little tipsy, but she's still pretty sure Jisoo has never looked more gorgeous than she does right now, her features highlighted by the flash of multicolored strobe lights as she rolls her hips in time with the throbbing bass. She's wearing black skinny jeans and a navy top, nothing outlandish, but still, she looks absolutely stunning.

Jisoo's hands rise to find purchase in her own hair, fingers snarling into her long locks as she moves, losing herself in the middle of the crowded dance floor. Jennie watches from the bar, allowing her eyes to roam shamelessly up and down her girlfriend's body; when she finally tears her gaze from Jisoo's twisting hips up to her face, she finds Jisoo's eyes locked onto hers. A thrill runs down her spine—something about Jisoo watching her watching her—does things to Jennie, things that Jisoo unfairly takes advantage of, drawing her lower lip between her teeth and moving her hips with somehow more purpose.

Seems like Jisoo might be more than a little tipsy, too.

Suddenly, Jennie desperately needs to cool down.

She turns to face the bar instead of the dance floor and tries to catch the eye of the blonde and busty bartender. Before she can call out, though, a hand lands on her arm.

"Let me buy your drink."

Jennie looks up; the hand is attached to an admittedly cute guy with brown hair, some stubble, and lots of muscles.

"I'm good, thanks," Jennie dismisses with a wave, but the guy leans forward and into her personal space.

"Really. I insist."

Before Jennie can tell him to shove it, Jisoo is suddenly there, an arm wrapping around Jennie's waist and storm clouds building in her eyes.

"Back off, dude," she deadpans over the music. "Go find someone else to skeeze on."

The guy blinks, taken aback, and then turns away to leave, looking for all the world like a lost dog.

Jisoo hums with satisfaction and claims his vacated barstool, signaling to the bartender. "Two double Malibu and pineapples, please."

Jennie leans in, meaning to object to the "double" part of her request, but instead hears herself say into Jisoo's ear, "I love when you get all jealous. It's cute."

"Hmpf," Jisoo glances at her, lifting an eyebrow. "I'm glad you like it."

She's not even breathing hard from dancing, and Jennie finds herself marveling (not for the first time) at Jisoo's stamina. "You're hot when you're jealous. That's just a fact."

"Is that so?

Jennie nods, glancing to where the bartender is fixing their drinks. "You get all... possessive."

"Mmm. What are you gonna do about it?" Jisoo asks, her eyes flicking down to Jennie's lips. "Flirt with everyone else in this bar to make me jealous?"

"Don't tempt me," Jennie sighs overdramatically.

As Jisoo opens her mouth to respond, their drinks appear in front of them, plunked down onto the wood of the bar by the blonde bartender.

"Oh, thanks," Jisoo says without taking her eyes from Jennie as she slaps a twenty-dollar bill onto the bar. "And keep the change."

Jennie reaches for her drink, swirling the bright contents around with the straw even as she says, "Besides, Jisoo. The only person I want to go home with tonight is you."

Only pausing long enough to appreciate the slightly stunned expression on Jisoo's face, Jennie raises her drink to capture the straw between her lips, taking a long sip. The sweetness of the pineapple juice mixing with coconut rum rolls over her tongue, making her think briefly of sunshine and island breezes even as the liquor hits her stomach, its warmth already radiating outward to roll slickly through her veins.