room 1334

"What are you drinking?"

Jisoo looks up from her nearly empty glass at the voice to her right. She tries not to let her reaction be too obvious use the woman who's taken the stool next to her at the bar is devastatingly gorgeous: blue eyes, red hair, and a little black dress Jisoo would be as happy to strip off her to own it herself as she would be to see what it's concealing. She could continue her plan for the night which is to lament her loneliness and drown it in booze before crawling back to her room in the hotel next door...or she could entertain this unexpected encounter.

"Whiskey," she answers after a few seconds. She sits up from her slouch and watches as the newcomer orders another drink for her as well as one for herself.

"So, what's a pretty girl like you doing drinking alone on a Friday night?"

Jisoo snorts at the compliment. "I need a reason?"

"There must be one." The woman next to her turns on her seat to face her and Jisoo tries not to get lost in her unfairly blue eyes. "I can't imagine someone would let you out of their sight for too long."

"You make it sound like I'm someone's property."

"I don't mean to," she says quickly, eyes apologetic. "I just know that if we were together, you'd have something much better to be doing tonight."

Jisoo lifts her eyebrows. The girl is bold. "And what would that be?" she asks as the bartender sets two glasses in front of them. They pick them up and Jisoo lifts hers in a quick cheers.

"Me," the woman answers before drinking with Jisoo.

Jisoo nearly chokes as she swallows. "Anyone ever told you you're incredibly forward?"

The girl shrugs. "Once or twice. I'm Jennie, by the way," she says, extending her hand.

"Jisoo," she replies, taking Jennie's hand and bringing it up to kiss the back of it rather than shaking it.

"Ooh, suave," Jennie says as she lets her kissed hand fall to rest quite obviously on Jisoo's knee. "So, tell me about yourself, Jisoo. What do you do?"

Jisoo turns toward her slightly to not have to crane her neck so much and notes that the hand remains on her knee. "I work in music."

Jennie's eyes light up. "Really? Anything I'd know?"

"Probably." Jisoo takes another sip of liquor and watches the excitement light up her guest's face.

"Really? Are you famous?" She can see Jennie searching her memory. "The only Jisoo I've heard of in the music industry is the Jisoo Kim who produced Panic!'s new album. She's featured on one of their singles, too."

"At your service, ma'am," Jisoo says as she reaches into the interior breast pocket of the leather jacket she's wearing to toss a business card onto the bar between them. She had rejected the concept of having business cards a few years ago until she realized the power they could wield in moments such as this. Hers are simple but stately. A matte black soft-touch finish with a UV spot coat emboss of her name, phone number, and email address in a thin sans-serif font. Also black. It shines nicely in the dark rooms she's often working in.

She watches Jennie pick up the card while she takes another drink.

"Shut up," Jennie says in awe as she reads it and then stares at Jisoo. "I saw them on tour two weeks ago. Were you there?"

"I don't travel with my artists."

"Oh, okay. Good." Jennie slides Jisoo's business card into her handbag.

Jisoo's intrigued. Or offended? "Good?"

"Yeah. I didn't want to find out I had the chance to meet you and failed."