0.2

The beautiful Gabrielle -------->

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

"Pierre?" I called out once I stepped foot in the house. The bag of bread in one hand and my caftan in the other hand, I walked in the kitchen and gazed at my brother who was studying on the kitchen table.

His curly mess of brown hair was swept back wetly on his head and his face was flushed already. He just took a shower I supposed.

"Pierre?" I called once again then bent down to place a soft kiss on his hair.

"Oh, I didn't see you Gabrielle" He said quietly then looked up at me with a small smile.

"What are you doing?" I asked quietly and sat down next to him, reading the words slowly.

"According the verbs in French was never easy for me" He sighed then closed the small book, putting it away with his pages and pens.

"What is it, hmm?" I asked while taking out the bread and placed it on the table.

I could hear his stomach growling loudly and giggled when he gave me a sheepish look, his cheeks turning a dark shade of red.

After eating quietly, I discussed the matter of Rome with Pierre. My brother was the first one I talked to about Cassiel and never once did he judge me or throw me out of the house. He was the one who advice me to go and contact the church.

"Rome you say?" He asked thoughtfully and I nodded.

"I have savings, we could go and start a new life there. Come on brother! It was all your dream at first and the church will finance us as it is an order" I said but he sighed.

"It was an order for you, not for me" He reminded.

"Never mind! I'll pay for you" I said but he shook his head at me.

"You will go, ask for salvation and purify your soul. You stay there until you are asked to come back here okay? I will not go with you" He refused to meet my pleading eyes and with a last glance in his way, I went up in my room, set all my things on the bed and put them delicately in a duffel bag.

After having a quick shower, I wrapped myself in a long elephant skirt and a white blouse with my caftan covering the mass of hair on my head.

Hanging my duffel bag on my shoulder and placing on my shoes, I went downstairs and went directly to Pierre who took out a leather purse and handed it to me.

"It contains five hundred gold coin Gabrielle. You will use it wisely and do not waste money on amusements and do not at once drink alcohol. Rome is a terrific place, especially for a young woman like you" He murmured out and patted my hand gently.

"Thank you" I whispered and wrapped my arms around him.

Gently, he hugged me back and sighed.

"May The Lord always be by your side my child" He whispered and pressed a kissed to my forehead before taking my bag and hanging it on his shoulders.

"What are you doing?" I asked suspiciously.

"What? Can't I accompany my sister to the train?" He said innocently which made me chuckle.

"Let's go then" I said quietly and opened the wooden door of our home.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Unedited. I apologise in advance for any mistakes. Xx