0.4

"Are you hungry, love?" He whispered in the nape of my neck. His calloused hands resting on my shoulder blade.

"I'm fine Cassiel" I said softly and turned towards him, wrapping my arms around his neck, pulling his broad chest towards me. I tucked my head under his warm neck and sighed, inhaling in his magical scent.

"Gabriell-"

"I'm fine" I told him shortly and tightened my grip on him. He sighed and pulled me evenly closer, something that looked impossible and looked down at me, his blonde bangs disturbing our staring contest.

I pulled his hair away from his eyes and caressed his stubbled jaw gently.

The shawl covering my head, not like a hijab may I precise, just covering my head lightly, my mass of dark hair spilling out of it was suddenly thrown away.

"Don't hide your hair Gabrielle. They are so beautiful" He whispered lightly and buried his fingers in my hair.

I smiled lightly and pulled away from him reticently.

"Let's go" I mumbled and tugged him towards the door of my hotel room.

"Where to?" Cassiel asked quietly as he closed the door behind us.

"I don't know. Just wander around" I said giving him a cheeky grin.

Cassiel stared at me with a small smile playing on his lips then rolled his eyes, sighing loudly.

"I have never been more than two minutes on earth" He argued back gently.

He was too gentle and made me melt.

"Never spent the day on earth?" I asked incredulously through a snort, "I thought that angels spent all their days on earth to look after us, humans"

"I never help anyone on earth" Cassiel replied shortly.

"Never?" She asked once again.

"I've always been on my own up there. Alone. I never found why I should help" He told me with a shrug.

"Don't you have wings?" I asked curiously as I ran my fingers through his golden locks while we stood waiting in the elevator.

"This is a metaphor Gabrielle, we don't have wings" He said gently, his smile stretching a bit while we walked out of the hotel building.

I grasped his hand in my tightly as we walked down the city of Rome at night.

The music, the cries of joys and the laughter made my stomach flutter. Italian did know how to have fun.

"Then how do you travel from place to place within seconds?" I asked him with a frown.

He merely shrugged and lead us towards an empty bench near a fountain.

"It is a gift of God, we, Angels think of the specific place with the help of a map or of our basic knowledge and somewhere in the back of our mind, we localise that place and it takes every single atom and cell of our body to unite their force to take us there. You don't even know how much energy we loose when we teleport ourselves somewhere else" He explained with a lazy smile.

I looked at him, smiling back and rested my head on his shoulder, tucking my legs under me, my arms wrapped around him.

"Did you ever loose all your energy? Like it was drained from you?" I asked him curiously and glanced up at his face.

"If it happens, you already fall into unconsciousness and God takes you back" He sighed and twirled my hair around his fingers.

"Did you ever talk to him Cassiel?" I asked him quietly. He sat silently for a second and looked down at me, a small sad smile on his face.