0.3

Rome was simply beautiful and massive.

Small streets filled with cries of joys and songs, the melody of pure happiness floating in the air.

It was little after my arrival that I finally found the small hotel I was residing in, when I went out and explored the pearl of Italy.

"Excuse me!" Someone called while I was crossing the road.

I turned around and frowned at the man who was running towards me. He waved his hand frantically at me and when he came in front of me, with a sigh, he raised his hand.

"Paulo DeGros" He said loudly and flashed me a smile "Are you Gabrielle?" He asked me politely.

"Why?" I replied curiously.

"I must take you to the cathedral, you are invited there to have lunch with the priests" He said smoothly and placed a hand in the small of my back.

"Excuse me?"

"Yes yes, they are aware of Cassiel and that his beloved has reincarnated. They want to meet you Gabrielle. It has been decades since we last saw you" He commented but I just stared as if he was crazy.

What?

"Reincarnated?" I echoed and he nodded.

"Let's go back to the cathedral" Paulo said, ushering me to follow but I couldn't.

I pull away from him and frowned when my heart made a flip.

'Don't go there. They are thinking that all of this as a falsification'

I stopped walking and closed my eyes.

"Is that you Cassiel?" I called out gently.

No response.

"Cassiel?" I tried again but still no response.

I gritted my teeth together and closed my eyes.

If he wanted to protect me so badly, he had to come in flesh and take me with him.

"You know what Paulo? To hell with Cassiel. Let's go" I said with a fake smile as Paulo grinned at me.

His grin seemed so malefic which made my stomach tightened.

As we walked quietly through the streets of Rome, some people stopped doing whatever they were doing to stare openly at me and murmuring about Cassiel.

I tightened my grip on my caftan and stared at to the cathedral in front of me.

"We are here" Paulo announced and grabbed my arm gently.

I pulled away and glared at him.

"Do not touch me. I can walk by my own, thank you" I snapped and he nodded quietly.

Walking up the endless stairs seemed like an eternity.

When Paulo was about to open the enormous wooden door, I felt pain constricting everything inside of me.

I started gasping for air and my eyes watery from the lack of air in my system. Paulo looked at me horrified and yelled something in his native language. A million of feelings rushed through my veins and I choked on my own saliva when the pain became unbearable.

'What did I say Gabrielle? You never listen now, do you?' A voice growled out. Cassiel was definitely angry. To hell with him.

I wanted him to appear by his magic and take me with him but he only plays with me and this is starting to get in my nerves.

I tried to walk but I failed, miserably. Like always.