backstory chapter

Salem sat on her throne.  Then the door to the room opened. She saw Saiyan enter.

Saiyan: Momma. I need to ask for a favor.

Salem: And what would that favor be?

Saiyan moved a little revealing a shy and scared Y/n.

Saiyan: Y/n. Meet you're grandma Salem.  I need you to watch him until I can secure this timeline.

Y/n began to cough blood. Saiyan took out a handkerchief and wiped the blood off. 

Saiyan: *sigh* I don't want to leave. But I don't have much of a choice.  And with his disease, it worries me.

Salem: He will be safe here.

Saiyan picked him up and placed Y/n on Salem's lap.

Saiyan: There you go.  Now be good for grandma okay?

Y/n nodded. 

Saiyan opened a portal and looked back one last time before walked through the portal closing behind him.

Y/n looked up at Salem who looked down at him. Y/n blinked a few times. Y/n was starting to get tired.

Salem: Are you tired?

Y/n: Yes. You'll protect me from the monsters like papa does right?

Salem: *smiles*  I'm the one thing all monsters fear.

Y/n closed his eyes and started to nap. Salem held Y/n close.  

Later Y/n woke up with a coughing fit.  Salem carried Y/n not caring about the blood winding up on her shoulder. Salem wiped blood off of Y/n with a paper towel.

Y/n: Grandma. I don't feel good. Can I go back to sleep?

Salem: Yes Y/n. Go back to sleep.

Y/n fell asleep in Salem's arms again.

Salem in head: Poor thing. You must be in so much pain. 

Salem carried Y/n to her bedroom. And laid him down on her bed, letting him sleep there.

She watched as Y/n had troubles sleeping.  Groaning in pain and agony at some points. All Salem could do was comfort him as best as she could.

(In another timeline)

Saiyan was in a swabian research facility. He wanted to check on any progress of identifying this disease.

Saiyan: Where is the head scientist!

Scientist: Here sir!

Saiyan: Report on Y/n's medical condition?

Scientist: We've been trying very hard to find a source and or a solution.  But we've found nothing.  We have no clue what it is.  It isn't any known disease.

Saiyan: Damn it!  Keep looking!

Scientist: Sir. I don't know...if...if we can find a cure.

Saiyan looked at the scientist with pure hatred in his eyes. The scientist felt fear.

Saya: Hey!

Saya got in between them.

Saya: Knock it off Saiyan! There is only so much they can do!

Saiyan: * sigh* You're right.

Saya: *softly* Hey. * puts hand on his shoulder* We'll find a solution.

The rest of strike team s walked in. 

Saiyan: I hope you're right.

Free: Hey come on man. You know as well as I do we always find a solution somehow.  Even if it's complete bullshit.

Purple: He's right you know. We do have a way of getting stuff done even if It's the dumbest way possible. 

Saiyan: You guys are right.

(Back with Y/n and Salem.)

After about an hour Y/n woke up from his nap and had lunch.
Afterwards Y/n rested since he still didn't have much energy.

Even still he was in constant pain. Most of his time was spent with Salem on her lap or in her arms comforting him as he groaned in pain.  

Y/n spent days with Salem. Saiyan and the strike teams fought hard to secure ths timelines surrounding this one. So that Saiyan could raise Y/n in this almost uninterrupted.

As Salem and Y/n were in the throne room one day.  A portal opened and Saiyan walked through.

Y/n: Papa! *Begins coughing*

Salem wiped blood off of Y/n once he finished. Saiyan walked up to Y/n.

Saiyan: Hey kiddo. Were you good for grandma?

Y/n: Yes.

Salem: He had a rough few days. The disease...it's worsening.

Saiyan looked at Y/n who looked back at him with his innocent eyes. Saiyan hugged Y/n.

Saiyan: I'll fix you.  I promise.

Y/n: I know you will papa.

Saiyan: Say bye to grandma.

Y/n: * waves* bye-bye grandma.

Salem: Bye Y/n.

Saiyan began to walk out.

Salem in head: What did that poor innocent child do to deserve this. 

Saiyan flew Y/n home. Y/n went for a nap. Saiyan sat down in his chair and watched Y/n.

Saiyan in head: Why can't we even find out what's causing this? It had to start somewhere? But where? We've done a scan of Y/n completely. And found nothing. I don't know what else to do. But I can't give up.  I WONT give up. Not while he still breathes.