Theory 1: The Six Souls

Above is the theory that MatPat just released. In this theory, MatPat pointed out that there was no significant event that happened 1985, which is when six kids were killed and left out for everyone to see. You can watch the video yourself, so I don't have to go over the video again. Long story short, MatPat was wrong. 1985 is actually a very important date in the series. In fact, in July of that year, there was the five missing children incident. I got a little more to back it up. In the survival notebook, there was the question "Was your favorite ride the carousal?" Now, it's actually something that can be passed on to the second location, but it's not. In the Silver Eyes, it was made pretty clear that there was a carousal in the location that was in The Silver Eyes, which was open in 1985. Quote:"She headed back into the main dining room and found John looking pensively at the merry-go-around." PROOF FROM THE BOOK ITSELF!!!! So what this means is that the first Freddy Fazbear location was opened in 1983-1985. But there's more, this location is close enough to Fredbear's Family Diner it be considered to be a "Sister Location", and in FNaF 3's phone guy call, he mentions the springlock failures in a sister location. So why would there be a quiz in the Survival Logbook that SPECIFICALLY talks about the springlocked suits? Your manger (I'm assuming, or this might be phone guy) even has a sticky note in the book telling you to 'Disregard the quiz' and not to mention the springlock suits to anyone. So this logbook had to be there since before the malfunction, or the 'Bite of'83'. 

Now this is what I was getting to, WHO the six children are. I think those six then possessed the endoskeletons that became the toy animatronics. In FNaF 2, the toy are awake and moving, but so are the withered animatronics. If there are already the five dead children in the withereds, Charlie in the Puppet, and Susie's dog in Mangle, then what about the others? In total of the animatronics that are unknown in FNaf 2, we have Toy Freddy, Toy Chica, Toy Bonnie, Balloon Boy, JJ, and possibly Shadow Freddy or Shadow Bonnie. Shadow Freddy is a giant stretch because you see him leading you to the Purple guy in the FNaF 3 Minigames after each night. Shadow Bonnie is also a stretch because the only time you see him in FNaF Special Delivery is only if you collect to much Shadow Remnant. So in total, without the Shadow animatronics, we only have five kids accounted for. There is the possibility that Shadow Freddy was never there at the actual time, and was only there at the time that you played the game, showing you where to go. In that case, there you have it! Those six kids that were murdered so many years ago (Like two according to the book) went to possess the toy animatronics, the two most annoying characters I can think of in this franchise, (Sorry BB and JJ fans) and Shadow Freddy! That also means that there's a pretty big chance that they all were able to pass on into the afterlife if they were scrapped by getting burned. 

This theory has a lot of holes in it, but I tried. This is actually my first well thought out theory that isn't really obviously what's happened in the story that everyone had already figured out. I have a lot more theories flowing through my head, but most of them are from things that were "figured" out. Some don't have anything to do with moving forward in the story, others change the story completely. I try to update this as soon as possible, but I kinda keep having to find my facts in the books over and over again. Apologizing in advance if I take forever to update.