Chapter 1: I've Got a Spell On You

Dick remembered the day he and Roxanne met.

It was some big college party that everyone who was everyone was invited to.

One of his friends introduced her. She said her name was Roxanne Kahn. He was polite, said hello.

And then the unthinkable happened-

She threw up on his shoes.

But instead of freaking or anything like that, he was a gentlemen and just laughed it off.
"Uh... do you want some help?" Roxanne's eyes remained bright as she talked and giggled through her speech.
"Oh, haha! It's fine, haha! This is so funny!! Don't you think?? Oh... oh fuck, I am so sorry! It was an accident." She said with a slight whine as she frowned at the shoes.
"It's fine... but I think you should go to the infirmary."
"I agree." Her friend piped up, rather protective (she wasn't going to let a practical stranger leave with her friend-whether he was Bruce Wayne's son or not).

And so, the three of them left, leaving Dick's friend behind.

At the hospital, the doctor asked them to wait in the waiting room and Dick finally got a chance to clean and sterilize his shoes.
"Sorry about her." Roxanne's friend apologizes. Dick smiles politely.
"It's ok."
"I know. It's just... she does this a lot. Sorry, uh, where are my manners?? I'm Afia." Roxanne's friend, Afia, says holding out her hand.
"Nice to meet you. I'm Dick. Afia's an interesting." Afia chuckles.
"Yeah. I get that a lot. It's African-it's been in my family for many years. It means I was born on a Friday."
"So we're you born on a Friday?"
"Ha! I'm afraid not. It's just a tradition for us-now my grandmother, well that's a different story. She was born on a Friday." Dick and Afia chatted as they waited for news about Roxanne.

Finally, the doctor came back and informed them that she was fine. She was released soon after and Afia, Roxanne and Dick exchanged numbers in case they needed to contact each other again.

And it didn't take long for that to happen.

Soon, the three were hanging out more and more and Dick had slowly developed feelings... until eventually, she liked him too.

And then, it got worse from there.

Dick Grayson came home late to his family for Helena's 18th birthday drunk.

"Dick where have you been?" Bruce demanded.
"I was out. What the hell does it matter?!" He spat as he came in. Helena was about to blow out her candles but all that changed when he walked in.
"Dick, you're drunk. Why don't you sit in the living room?" Jason suggests, trying to pull Dick into the other room as he looks at Helena who stares blankly at the her two eldest brothers, heartbroken.
"I would advise you to take Master Jason's advice Master Richard." Alfred suggested, stepping forward to help.
Dick just stared at him.
"Fuck you!"
"Alright, that's enough-get out!" Bruce shouted, getting up out of his chair. There was squabbling as Damien, Tim, Barbara, Holly, Selina, Violet and Cassandra sat around Helena. Selina and Cassandra were on either side of her.
"You alright, honey?" Selina asked her daughter in a whisper, kissing her forehead. She shook her head.
"I wish that he didn't come home like that."
"I know... I know, hon." Selina says. Cassandra silently squeezes Helena's arm as she blows out her candles, marking the end of her 18th birthday.

Author's Notes
Sorry for the downer-it'll get better, I promise!

I also have no idea when the next part is coming out so stay tuned.

BatgirlGeek❤️