Chapter 3: Home is Where the Heart Is

March 13th was Helena's birthday.
And now it was November.

Dick felt like shit-for everything he had done to them. As he took one final crunch in the snow, he stared at Wayne Manor, which seemed to stare back at him intently.
Dick knew that it was his idea in the first place to come back. But he couldn't help but feel a dread about walking into the place.

Taking in a breath and letting it come out in a puff of smoke from the cold, he walked closer to the door.

It's not gonna be like that night. He tries to tell himself. And he's partially right. In the past 8 months, Dick went to a rehab place to get help for alcoholism and was recovering. Because of that, he didn't go out much anymore. Roxanne, however did. But, he asked her friend Afia to come over to their place and watch over Roxanne to make sure she didn't do anything to put herself in danger.

Now, to the matter at hand...

Dick quietly knocked on the door, rubbing his hands together for warm and out of nerves.

Finally, the door was opened by Alfred who hesitantly let Dick inside.

As they walked towards the living room, Dick could hear the laugher of his sisters... but soon the laughter died. Helena and Violet were in the center, eating from strings of popcorn as Damien, Tim, Bruce and Jason all sat in chairs. Everyone looked in his direction. Like he was unwanted.

And Dick knew he was unwanted. He deserved to be unwanted after all he had done.

"Hello." Was the first thing that came out of Helena's mouth.
"What is he doing here?" Violet asked accusatorially, glancing at Alfred before glaring at her eldest brother.

And then Dick knew it was going to be a challenging day.

Author's Notes

Sorry this was short.

I'm tired. I'm sick. I'm congested. My bed was finally made up and it's now taller. Currently, it's 12 something am, close to 1 but I'm sure you all are asleep by now. Basically, I feel miserable, but here I am writing some angst :)

Anyway, I don't like the way I've made this situation. Or I guess Roxanne. I feel like I've made her into a b*tch or a bimbo. I don't know.

I don't want this to be taken lightly. She's an alcoholic. Some alcoholics do it for an escape. I think for Roxanne it's more of something she does that she just can't stop (I guess that is what alcoholism is, huh? An addiction? ...whatever, I'm tired).

I don't know what I'm saying anymore, but on a happier note, this song perfectly describes Roxanne. I kept thinking of 'El Tango de Roxanne' (there's an AMAZING Warriors AMV on it!), but now I think of this song so.. sorry Roxanne lol

(Warning: It's Nightcore. Why? Cuz, I like Nightcore. Deal with it!)

By the way, I'm like 11 or 10 away from 900 followers so uh... can we reach that number soon, please? If we do, I'm gonna tell you all my name :3

(And I can finally show you other works I have been working on outside of Wattpad!!)

BatgirlGeek❤️