Chapter 5: Starting Again

Dick returned to his apartment to find Afia and Roxanne watching some TV. Dick closes the door and walks over to kiss Roxanne's head. She tilts her head up to the ceiling and smiles at him.
"How did it go with your family?" He was surprised she remembered.
"Not great." He murmurs and Roxanne frowns.
"I'm sorry. Hey, what about if we go to the mall and just, I don't know window shop or something? Just the two of us." The honest smile she wears is infectious and he nods.
"Yeah, that'd great."
"Hey, I don't mean to interrupt, but can you guys discuss your plans when I'm not here?" Afia asks.
"Then I'll take you out to lunch, how about that?" Roxanne counters with a brighter smile. Afia rolls her eyes playfully.
"You're always so generous-fine! I'll wait by my dorm entrance at... 1 o'clock?"
"Sure! Sounds like a plan." Roxanne confirms.
"Alright, now that you've got that sorted, I think all head to bed." Dick explains, heading that way.
"Yeah," Afia agrees, "I have to get home and make sure my roommate didn't burn down the entire dorm building." She stands up from the couch as Roxanne looks at the time on her phone.
"You're going to bed already? It's only 7:30." She asks Dick puzzled.
"I know. I'm just... tired after what happened today." Afia returns from grabbing her coat to give Roxanne a hug and Roxanne rolls her eyes at Dick.
"Alright, old man!"
"I am not that old!"
"Uh-huh. You going to bed really early, so try again, old man!" She repeats and Afia chuckles before leaving the apartment.
"Shush!" Dick replies, playfully shoving her back onto the couch. She giggles and he smiles at her.

He wished she was like this all the time... sober and not drunk. That she and him would not have to fight a lot.

"Are you going to bed or not?"
"Yeah. I'm going. Goodnight!"
"'Night! I love you!"
"Love you too!"

Author's Notes

YAY! I've given Roxanne some dialogue :D

Happy Easter guys, the hype for the holiday wore off for me a few minutes ago so I thought I'd write lol

BatgirlGeek❤️