снартея fivе

it was a long time since that, and SootPaw grew to 10 moons. excited as he was for his upcoming assessment- though far away it was- he still wasn't ready for the fact that he might have grown feelings for HazelPaw. He doubted she liked him back. It was confusing- one second, he was having a conversation with HazelPaw, the next - his throat was dry and his fur was hot with embarrassment.
     Through the moon, HazelPaw and SootPaw grew to be as close as two cats could get. They did almost anything together- hunted trained, conversed. It was like they were siblings. Really, really close ones.
SootPaw shook his head, bags forming under his eyes. "Did you get any sleep?" The tom looked over to HazelPaw who was next to him. He swept his tail over onto HazelPaw's back.
HazelPaw yawned. "Yeah. I had a horrible dream though, about war and such," she grumbled. "I'm still tired though. I could use more sleep."
SootPaw smiled. Normal, lazy old HazelPaw. He smiled. A familiar warm feeling arose in his chest. Pushing it away, he got up. "I'm hungry. I'll get some prey for us to share." And off he went, making sure not to swat his friend on the face with his long tail.
Dusk light seeped into the camp, a beautiful sunset over the moor could be seen as he neared the fresh kill pile, eyeing the choices. Distasteful mouse and a rabbit. Glancing around t9 make sure no cat saw him, he dipped his head, grabbed the rabbit and padded hastily back. He dropped the rabbit in front of HazelPaw.
The she looked up. "Thanks SootPaw," she bit a chunk off. "I likne rnabbit," she murmured, muffled.
He smiled, enjoying the sense of satisfaction watching HazelPaw eat. He finally ate some too, deciding to nibble down and not wolf it like HazelPaw had done.
"I was hungry," HazelPaw laughed.
"I'm sure you were," SootPaw grinned. "Tired now?"
HazelPaw glanced outside, at the now darkened and blue-ish black sky.
"Yeah, tired," she mumbled. "Let's go to sleep."
SootPaw got comfortable. "Good night, Hazel."
HazelPaw nodded, smiling. "Good night."