Chapter 6: The contract

I didn't sleep at all last night. I've spent hours thinking about what I really want to do. I can't deny my feelings for Jungkook. I can't deny that over the course of our time together I've fallen for him. His smile, his big puppy eyes, his heart, his personality, I'm in love with it all. However, he doesn't feel the same. Time and time again I've watched how he's treated me. After my event that should've been a major indication that nothing would ever come from this fake relationship, that no real feeling would be developed on his behalf, but then I also think of the times where we've smiled, laughed, cried... we've shared a lot of our own times together because he's still my friend. There's still going to be that connection, right? Can there still be that connection?

If I come clean I don't want him to hate me, I don't want him to think I only agreed to this to form some kind of legitimate relationship because it didn't start out that way. At the start I didn't even know him personally. I was just approached on the street when I was on vacation. To think you can get casted for something like this. It seems so bizarre thinking back on it.

✎...

"Listen, I know this is sudden and you're probably super confused but please bear with me. There's something I think you'd be great for. You have the perfect image." that's the first thing a staff member told me as I entered the building alongside them.

Okay, I was just casted on the street of a foreign country... and yet I have no idea what I've been casted for. It certainly wasn't to become some kind of idol. There's no where in hell that that's possible.

Moments later I'm a room with someone I've seen over the internet for years. Someone I've known about for leading one of the biggest groups in all of South Korea. In the moment I wanted to pinch myself, this had to be some kind of dream. Is this really reality?

"Wow Mrs.Kim, she's perfect. Thank you, you are free to go." he stood up and bowed to the worker, dismissing her.

He turned back to me and planted a bright smile on his face, "Please sit." I immediately obeyed.

"May I say something?" I asked nervously as to which he nodded his head, "Why am I here?".

He chuckled lightly, "Oh I'm sorry, Mrs. Kim was asked not to really say anything on the matter. Let me start by introducing myself, I'm Hitman Bang." I nodded after hearing his introduction, "And I am sorry for causing you some trouble, I hope we didn't ruin any of your existing plans." he smiled.

"Um no actually, today was just going to be a sightseeing type of day." I nervously smiled, "And Mr. Bang I already know who you are... the biggest band in the world belongs to you after all." I chuckled.

"I would've been completely shocked to be honest if you had no idea who I was, so I'm glad we got that out of the way." he added.

The room fell silent for a moment before he continued, "I never did ask for your name.".

"Oh, right. My name is Y/N." I smiled initiating a handshake as to which he returned.

"Great Y/N, I'm sure you're probably still wondering why you're here sitting in my office." I nodded my head and he continued, "I need you to play the part of a girlfriend." my mouth immediately gaped open.

I cleared my throat, "Uh- girlfriend? To who exactly?" I sat in disbelief.

"Jungkook." he smiled, "It's quite a complex situation that I'd prefer him to explain if you're willing to take on the job." he added.

I scoffed, "Are you sure you want me? I'm not even Korean... I don't exactly meet the beauty standards here either, what if I get ridiculed-" he stopped me.

"We've already established you'd be protected from anything of the sorts like that. We will sue for any malicious comments or statements made if we have to. We will never let anyone do that, we have respect for the people who work for us. Also, your ethnicity or nationality doesn't matter, nor does your looks. In my opinion you are a beautiful girl, I don't see much ridiculing happening, but again, if it does it will be taken care of." he carried on, "In all honesty that fact that you are not Korean is likely for the best, I've always wanted to see more diverse relations in the Korean society and I think this would make a perfect example of love doesn't see anything besides love." I was surprisingly really touched by his words.

"I see. Well when you put it like that, how could I say no?" I chuckled softly, "I'll do it." I smiled.

And with that a contract was signed. Within the next few days I sat with staff discussing many things on what exactly has to go into the contract, even the consequences that have to be relayed if there ever happens to be a breach in the contract.

The day had come where I finally met Jungkook in person and I can say we had hit it off. He explained everything to me and I understood where he was coming from and why he was taking this precaution. The media takes idol couples super harshly and it never ends well for said idols. We saw that, unfortuantly, with the terminations of contracts for HyunA and Dawn when their news broke. Because I felt for what he said to me that day, I didn't even hesitate to take on the role. He was just a helpless boy in love.

Now I'm a girl in love.