3: What if the Dragonets and Alternates were Raised Together?

(A/N: I'm starting to think these chapter titles are too long. Anyway, here's that chapter.)

Glory's P.O.V

I hated him. Flame. I hated the others too, but I especially hated him. Every time I do something they don't like, the always say,"Why can't you be more like Flame! You're nothing but a lazy RainWing!"

I loved Clay, Sunny, Starflight, Tsunami, and Fatespeaker like family. Clay was like my big brother, Starflight as my younger brother, Fatespeaker and Sunny as my younger sisters, and Tsunami as the annoying-but-I-still-love-her type. The others I hated.

I found Ochre as EXTREMELY, no DANGEROUSLY stupid and selfish. I found Squid too wimpy and ostentatious. Viper was a brat and Flame was all those things.

The only decent one of the alternates was Fatespeaker. I felt pity towards her. She clung on to a false friendship she believed she had with the other alternates, when in truth, they hated her. Even Sunny had given up on them. I heard Kestral yell,"Battle training!" Ugh. I HATED battle training I'm okay at it, but no matter what, I was reminded constantly that I would never live up to Flame. But I had to go.

The only reason they kept me around was because I was born on the correct day. None of the alternates were. All of them, except for Fatespeaker had parents that were part of the Talons of Peace, giving them an advantage.

When I got there, Kestral was already trying to set Clay on fire and raging. Flame and Viper were looking smug and amused, Squid looked bored, Ochre was sleeping, and the rest of the dragonets and Fatespeaker were looking at Clay in horror.

The fight went on until Clay was knocked unconscious. Immediately Sunny rushed to his side. Flame looked at Clay smugly and muttered,"What a loser."

Kestrel interrupted by telling us,"Morrowseer will be here tomorrow. He will test your smart, strength, agility, and fighting skills. Tomorrow, you must show him everything you know. He will have you fight each other, show no mercy." Sunny spoke up,"But what if someone gets killed?" Kestrel looked as if she couldn't care less,"Then so be it. We have the other ones. Besides, five of you were going to be killed anyway. When we chose the ones who would fulfill the prophecy, we were going to kill the rest. You all know too much. Might as well do it now." And with that she dismissed us to go back to our dens and sleep.

The next day, after breakfast, Morrowseer came. He was cold, dark, menacing, and ruthless, the total opposite of Starflight and Fatespeaker. If all NightWings were like Morrowseer, then I felt really bad for Starflight and Fatespeaker. Our "guardians", Morrowseer, the alternates, and the other dragonets and I met in the same cave where we did battle training. Morrowseer addressed us,"Today we will test your strengths, weaknesses, skill, and intelligence. You must be able to outsmart the enemy if you cannot beat him in physical strength. I will pair you with one of the others. You will fight with no mercy. Do not stop until I tell you to. Even if they are about to die. We have replacements. You will not hesitate on the battlefield, and you will not hesitate here. First up," he looked to me,"You and," he pointed to Flame,"And the SkyWing." Flame and I took our positions and he looked as if he really wanted to kill me, he probably did. Morrowseer counted down from three,"Three, two, one. Fight!"

Flame instantly lunged at me. Luckily, he wasn't very smart and I was smaller, so I ran to the side to dodge and he ran into the side of the cave. I could hear Viper saying,"Idiot." While Flame was still dazed, I ran at him and raked my claws against his underbelly. He growled ferociously before getting back up and ramming into me causing me to loose my balance and fall. Then Flame breathed fire at me, I dodged but it still singed my scales. I heard Sunny yelp in terror and Morrowseer called,"Stop," and we stood there silently while studying us. "Decent, for a RainWing," he said,"Next up Tsunami and Squid."