6: What if Peril Did Come with the Dragonets as Their SkyWing and Glory Left?

Clay's P.O.V.

Glory was gone. And it was my fault. At least we had Peril. I was thinking of how I drove Glory away when Tsunami called,"Dinner! Raw fish!" Peril came over and grabbed a fish, causing it to smoke and make a sizzling sound,"Well, for some of us, cooked fish." Starflight asked,"Hey, Peril. Can you cook me fish?" She nodded and cooked him one.

I was glad that the others were beginning to accept Peril, but it slightly bothered me. It was as if they had forgotten about Glory. Sunny walked up to me and seemed to read my mind, "Clay, it's not your fault," before walking back to the others. I looked around the cave we were in. It wasn't exactly the most sanitary, but we weren't too picky after escaping the SkyWings. The cave just seemed...dull. It felt like it was missing something. Glory. The cave seemed so dull and lifeless. If Glory were here, her scales would be able to light up this whole cave and we wouldn't have a care in the world.

I looked at Peril, she laughed at a joke Sunny told her, but. I could see guilt in her eyes. It wasn't her fault, though. It was mine. I remember it all.

We had escaped the SkyWings and found a cave. Peril seemed utterly depressed,"I have no home to return to. They'll kill me on sight. Maybe I could go to the MudWings." Then I thought of something,"Peril! What if you came with us?" She shook her head,"I can't hold you back. You guys are destined to stop this war and I can't get in the way." I told her,"No. What if you came as our SkyWing?" Peril looked uncertain,"I don't know." Glory stepped forward I had totally forgotten she was here and regretted my words,"Peril, Clay is right. You should go with them." Sunny interrupted,"Them? What do you mean by 'them'? You're coming with us. Right?" Glory shook her head. I could see her trying to mask her feelings, but failing,"I'm not coming. I was never meant to be a part of the prophecy anyway. At least now you have a SkyWing." Peril exclaimed,"Wait! No, Glory I never meant to take your place! I just needed a home." Glory nodded,"And now you have one." Starflight looked crestfallen,"No. Peril can come with us, but have to stay! We were supposed to stick together!" Tsunami interjected,"Please, Glory. You have to come." Glory sighed deeply,"I will miss you all. Peril, thank you for helping us. Tsunami, Clay, Sunny, Starflight, thank you for being my family." And with that she cast us one more glance full of sorrow and flew off to who knows where.

The memory brought tears to my eyes. I could feel all the others looking towards me. I was an idiot. Maybe I only wanted Peril to come because I loved her and wanted to become close to her, but I never meant for Glory to leave us. Peril shuffled over,"Clay, I'm so sorry. I didn't want Glory to leave. This is all my fault." I waved my hand dismissively,"No. It's mine. And I want to make it right." I stood and faced the others,"Forget about finding my family. We have to find Glory. We will stay together. And that includes you too, Peril." The others smiled. "All right," Tsunami said, "How are we going to find her?" Starflight answered her,"It's most likely that she's going to the RainWings."

"All right, then," I replied,"It's settled. We're going to find Glory and end this war," I looked at Peril,"All six of us." We finished dinner and then soared into the unknown to find our sister.

~*~
Thank you @Seamud for this suggestion. I loved writing this one. I'm open to more suggestions. Next chapter is @Crimsondragon82's suggestion.