Chapter 6- Lunch

I quickly made my way to the dining hall and looked to see everyone was already waiting. They all stared at me as I walked into the room.

My face flushed as I hurriedly sat in the only seat remaining, next to Castiel and a man with a mullet.

"Glad you could finally join us Ana." Master said, looking into my eyes with a suggestive smirk. The blood rushed to my face again, so I kept my face down.

The food was already set at the table. There was a large plate of small triangular cut sandwiches with what looked like chicken salad inside them. Bowls of fruit lined the table. The table itself was a beautiful cherry wood with ornately carved legs and edges. It was long enough to fit the fifty or so people seated at it.

At the head of the table sat Crowley, and the slaves sat across from each other. On the left of Crowley was a very attractive blonde. She had a slight British accent when she spoke. Beside her sat a woman with dark hair and freckles across her olive skin. She didn't seem to like the blonde too much but I couldn't tell. Next to her was a dirty blonde male who looked a little too young to be in here. He kept glaring at Castiel every now and then. I couldn't fathom why. Castiel was so nice. I kept looking down the table and examining everyone here. They seemed to pay no attention to my late coming.

The mullet haired man next to me stuck his hand out.

"Hey. I'm Ash." He had a southern accent. Man, Crowley must get his slaves from all over.

"He's a genius." Castiel added in.

"Ah. Um... I'm Ana. I'm fairly smart." I said. Ash chuckled at my remark. I turned towards Castiel.

"So, do you think you could tell me who some of these people are?" I asked quietly, not wanting to disturb the quiet chit chat throughout the small table.

"Yes. To the direct left of Crowley is Bela. She was a British saleswoman who sold cursed objects to wealthy people. The woman next to her is Lisa. She had a son, but he died in the bombings. Next to her is Samandriel, a fellow fallen angel." Castiel explained.

"Yeah, he's been glaring at you all night? What's up with that?" I asked, making sure Samandriel couldn't hear us.

"Oh. I- uh. Tried to kill him." He whispered. My gasp drew a few glances from the others. "I was being controlled by another angel." he defended. That was a little better than the alternative, I guess.

He continued introducing the dirty blond slave next to him. "This is Adam. He's the brother of an old lov- uh, friend of mine."

Adam looked at us when he heard his name. He smiled, said a greeting and went back to his plate.

"I thought Crowley had more slaves than this! You said there were hundreds, yet there's maybe fifty people here." I said

"He hates having so many, as he likes to call us, morons in one room at the same time. There's three lunch sessions, we're in the last one." Castiel explained. "He usually never eats with us. I wonder what's the special occasion."

"Does he really think we're all morons?" I wondered aloud.

"Well, to be fair, we are humans. Blundering, stupid, pointless life forms." Castiel pointed out.

"So Crowley's a real ball buster, huh?" I chuckled trying to lighten up the mood a bit.

Crowley looked at me and ever so slightly raised his eyebrows. "Shit." I quickly looked down to my plate, hiding my face with my hair.

"Yes, you're going to want to watch what you say. He hears everything." Castiel continued, "It's quite irritating."

As everyone finished their lunch they started to leave. I asked Castiel, "Where are they all going?" "Back to work." He replied shortly. "Oh. I didn't receive a schedule. Am I supposed to get one?" I asked. "Yes. Usually he puts us to work the first day. Guess you're special." I blushed at his comment. "Well. I'll see you later, I guess. Thank you for being so kind!" I said as I walked away, back to my room.

As I was heading down the long hall, I closed my eyes as I yawned and bumped into something. The shock of the collision sent me falling onto my butt.

I looked up and saw the British girl who was sitting close to Crowl- er, Master during lunch. She was glaring at me.

"Don't even think about getting close to Master. He is mine." She said this with such malice, threw one more glare at me, then turned on her heel and walked away.

"What even..." I mumbled to myself as I stumbled back up, my ass slightly sore from the fall. I walked carefully back to my room, making sure the Bela girl wasn't around anymore.

~~~~~~~~
Short chapter, I know. I'm just getting back into the groove of things. Sorry for the wait, thank you for those who encouraged me. ^-^