Chapter 1: Sucker

(Every chapter is going to have a song title until there are no more left!)

I struck a high note on the piano an accident during the Sucker final recording. "Gaah," I yelled and hit my head against the instrument's keys, "I can't do anything right!" I got up and slammed the door of the audio room behind me. I ran up to my room to try and play a different song on the electric piano Nick got me for my Birthday. I had to be careful with this keyboard in general, so I lightly tapped the keys. Without even thinking about it, I started to go back to trying to play the song again. Joe came and knocked at my bedroom door.

"Hey Melissa, you ok?" Joe asked me.

"Yeah, just really stressed," I replied and I got the note right, "FINALLY, I finally got the note right!" I jumped up and opened the door. I forgot I hadn't changed my clothes, I was still in my fluffy pajamas. All three of them were standing there, but I wasn't too embarrassed, they were also in their pajamas. I let out a small giggle of embarrassment, and they did too. I ran down to the recording room, and they followed closely behind me. I started playing, and they sang. I got the note correct, the note I had struggled on for the last week.

"Hey Melissa, we got a concert later today, and you have to work under the stage for security purposes, I'll come and check on you now and then though. Ok?" Nick asked.

"Yeah, it's ok. Just as long as you don't forget I'm with you guys. Oh also, I'm gonna steal your phone now. Think of it as an honorable gift," I told Nick. The other two busted out laughing.

"It's only because I allow her to play Roblox and Minecraft. I even let her watch Disney Plus," Nick informed them. We later get on their tour bus, I had to act like I was a security person until we drove off. Why is that? because there were crowds of people, who didn't know the Jonas Brothers had a sister. Once we knew nobody could see I crawled up in the seat next to Nick, rested my head on his shoulder, and begged to watch Disney Plus on his phone. He laughed and clicked on my favorite Disney movie, the Lion King, I forced him to watch the movie with me. I sang along to the song Hakuna Matata, which I couldn't get him to sing for me. Then it was time to get off, I told him I had his phone and slipped it into my favorite Jonas Brothers sweatshirt pocket. I got under the stage, which was a pretty nice place, popped in my air pods, and went to play Roblox. I continued to play until I mentally couldn't do it. So I tucked his phone back into my pocket and pulled out my air pods. God, they are loud, I thought. It's only been an hour and a half.

I could hear Joe yell, "Thank you! Nick's gonna take a thirty-minute break now." right on cue, Nick walked over to me.

"You seem tired, kiddo," Nick said as he took a seat next to me, "can I have my phone back now?"

"For the thirty minutes, you're down here for," I joked.

"Thirty minutes is when the show ends too, kiddo!" Nick laughed as I handed over his phone.

"I maaaay have taken your phone earlier to record my piano part..." I quietly confessed.

"You know what happens when you record things on my phone, right?"

"Dunno, tell me."

"The recording turns into my ringtone!" Nick joked, or so I thought. When I figured out he wasn't joking.

"Nooooo! Nick, no!" I whined.

"Your part is amazing, it's great enough to be on your big bro's phone in two different ways!" Nick demanded. I nodded, and it was already time for us to leave. Finally, time to go home!

We were walking around the city they had been touring, New York. Nick was looking for places to stop for a meal, while Joe and Kevin dragged us into every clothing store they saw. I didn't like it- until we came upon the Nintendo store on Rockefeller Street. I grabbed Nick's hand and tugged on it. He gave me an odd look and I said, "Look, It's a Nintendo store! Can we go in? Pleeeeeease?"

He shook his head and chuckled, "Sure, I'm going to need to round up Joe and Kevin- wherever they went-"

"HERE!" Joe and Kevin both yelled in unison running out of the Lego store. I laughed so hard I could hardly breathe. I dragged Joe and Kevin behind me by the ears and Nick laughed as I dragged them into the store with me.

"It looks like Heaven!" I gasped as I looked all around. I looked at the box containing the Nintendo switch and I hissed as I looked at the price.

Nick came up behind me and said, "That is quite expensive for something like the Wii system, but if you want it, you can have it."

"No, no, no. No. I'm not gonna let you buy this for me, Nick," I mumbled as he picked up the box containing the system.

"No seriously, it seems you take interest in this kind of stuff soooo-" He continued as he walked over to the counter and started to talk with the cashier.

"Nick I'm not kidding, that's really expensive!"

"Aaaaand it's already paid for, so take it!" He ended the conversation. I groaned and took the bag from him.

I mumbled, "You idiot."

He corrected, "I did it because I care, not that I'm an idiot."