Chapter 6: Adventure Time

I was jolted awake by my phone. Could it be? I put myself in an online competition to meet the Adventure Time cast. I jumped out of my bed though it was four in the morning. I shook Nick awake and said all at once, "IGotTheTextBackFromTheAdventureTimeDirecter, IGetToMeetTheCast, YouComeToo!"

He packed a bag and set up a private flight for us. Once I got on the plane, I want Everything Stays on repeat. Nick chuckled, "Calm down!"

I continued to sing though, "Let's go in the garden, you'll find something waiting- Right there where you left it, lying upside down. When you finally find it, you'll see how it's faded. The underside is lighter when you turn it around. Everything stays, right where you left it. Everything stays- but it still changes. Ever so slightly, daily and nightly. In little ways, when everything stays."

Nick got the point, rolled his eyes, and sang the next verse for me, "Go down to the ocean. The crystal tide is raising- water is going higher as the shore washes out. Keep your eyes wide open, and when the sun is blazing. The moon controls its side- it can cause you to drown. Everything stays, right where you left it. Everything stays- but it still changes. Ever so slightly, daily and nightly. In little ways, when everything stays." I hugged him happily and smiled. He's awesome! When we got there I was practically jumping for joy. We met everyone, and Nick decided he and I would stay the night at a fancy hotel. It was quite clean and decent. I FaceTimed with my two other idiotic brothers. I told them the house best be the way we left it, then apologized for leaving them like that. I ended the call, then sang my favorite part from a different song on Adventure Time called I'm Just your problem.

"Oh... You don't like that? Or do you just not like me?! Sorry, I don't treat you like a goddess- is that what you want me to do?! Sorry, I don't treat you like you're perfect- like all your loyal subjects do. Sorry, I'm not made of sugar; and I'm not sweet enough for you. Is that why you always avoid me? That must be such an inconvenience to you! Oh, I'm just your problem! I'm just your problem... It's like I'm not, even a person! Am I? I'm just your problem. Well, I~~ shouldn't have to justify what I do! I~~, shouldn't have to prove anything to you! I'm sorry that I exist, I forget what landed me on your blacklist... But, I~~ shouldn't be the one that makes up with you, so!" I cried like it was my battle cry. Nick chuckled as I raced to the couch in th hotel. I sat on the couch with my favorite blanket I had packed in my bag. We were watching Adventure Time. I bet you would never guess what happened in this episode. I was in it, as Marceline's vampire twin. I could tell the song I was singing was recorded on a phone. I instantly knew what happened. Nick videotaped me singing the part.

"Uhh, surprise?" Nick asked.

"Nick! I'm gonna kill you! You were on to this weren't you?" I snapped.

Nick jumped and chuckled, "yeah."

"Thanks," I mumbled as I punched his arm lightly. The episode ended with Marceline's twin being sucked into a witch's spellbook and ending up trapped forever. I was upset, but not at the same time. Something was bound to happen to my character anyway, I couldn't be in too many episodes I lived many states away. We traveled home the next morning, and I saw a note on the counter.

From your big brother Kevin, and your younger brother, Joe.

We decided to get you a present. No, it's not bad, trust us! You'll love all three of us forever for this one.

P.S - This was also Nick's idea, he kept you out of the house so we could get you the present.

There was a dog tag not yet engraved with anything being the paperweight to the note. Nick smiled once he knew what was going on. I gave him a confused look and he guided me to my bedroom. Once he opened the door, I was taken by surprise. Joe and Kevin were sitting on my bed with another note.