Chapter 5: Fire in the Woods

My older brothers were in a concert in Los Angelos when it happened. A small fire below the stage started. Where was I? Under that very stage, with that very fire. I jumped when I saw it. I had lit candles before, but I have never seen a fire like this in my life. I ran over to the small table in the opposite corner and grabbed the transmitter, or walkie talkie, and tried to get a hold of Nick. "Come on Nick, come on, pick up Nick!" I whined in fear.

There was a buzz meaning someone picked up the line, Nick had and said, "What's up? Are you ok-"

"No, I'm not ok! Get off the stage, there's a fire. Evacuate everyone!" I cried.

"Ok, ok! Joe and Kevin are evacuating people- I'm getting you out," Nick yelled back.

"No, you can't! There's not enough time for that. You get out-" I squeaked as a floorboard fell, and covered the only exit that happened to also be the only entry. It got dark in the room other than the fire building up.

"Melissa? Melissa! You need to get out of there!" Nick demanded.

"I-I can't. The only way in and out is blocked and the fire is building up fast!" I cried. I curled up in the corner and cried.

"I'm outside, the firefighters are going in for you soon," Nick told me, "don't worry, you'll be ok."

"Nick, there's not enough time! The fire will consume the whole area I'm in before they get here! 'Soon' is not soon enough!" I cried out in pain and yelped as the fire burned my arms.

"They just got onto the stage Melissa," Joe told me, "Nick fainted." I burst out into a fit of laughter mixed with pained cries.

"I don't think she's in here," The firefighter mumbled.

"Hey, I'm down here! Help!" I cried. they pulled the fallen floorboards away from the entrance and got me out. I ran outside and looked around for my brothers.

"Melissa! Over here!" Kevin yelled. I ran over again and cried as I hugged Joe and Kevin. Nick was sitting up but was obviously out.

"Nick, get up!" I hissed as I shook him.

"Man, girls are way too kind. You gotta wake him up like this," Joe explained as he slapped Nick across the face, hard.

"Ouch! What was that for!" Nick yelled and slapped Joe back. I laughed as they chased each other around like children.

"And I thought I acted like a child for chasing Kevin around the house," I joked as I watched the brothers chasing each other. Kevin nodded and I laughed, "you're not as bad as I thought, Kevin."

We stood around and watched the two before I kicked Joe in the back of the legs so he would fall. When he did fall, Nick tripped over him and fell on his face. He was ok, just a scrape.

"Melissa!" Nick whined and pulled me down to the ground, and I pulled Kevin down with me.

"Nick!" I whined back as I landed on the burns covering my arms, "Nick that hurt you, idiot!"

He looked at the burns on my arms from the fire, and back up at me and mumbled, "Sorry I didn't realize."

"Sure ya didn't," I mumbled as I stood up, "that was Kevin's excuse for stealing my hairbrush a few days ago."

"Last week!" Kevin yelled.

"Whatever, Kevin!" I yelled back. I helped the other two up from the ground.

"Melissa your arm is all burnt up, so bad it's bleeding!" Joe yelped.

"Thanks captain obvious," I groaned as I rolled my eyes. Nick chuckled and Kevin punched his arm.

Nick demanded, "Right, we're taking you to the hospital, Melissa."

"Aww really? I hate going to the hospital!" I whined. I sat uncomfortably in the private plane again, in pain. Once we got to the hospital they usually took me to. It burns like heck, I wrote as I took a picture of my arm and sent it to my best friends, then put it on Instagram. The views racked up quickly in five minutes.

"Melissa, we all three saw the post!" Kevin hissed.

"Word goes around fast doesn't it?" I asked.

"Reporters think you saved us from the fire," Joe groaned.

"Well it is true, without me, God knows what would have happened," I snapped.

"That's true," Nick exclaimed, "we wouldn't have known if she didn't send me the message as soon as she did." I stuck out my tongue and looked back out the window. I wanted to scratch the burnt skin off my arm entirely, it turned from burning to itchy. Kevin saw me about to scratch and duct tape my hands behind my back using a quarter of the roll. I resisted at first, then gave in. I started singing my favorite Disney villain part from Moana.

"Abandoned, dechasing, the love of these humans," I mumbled. Kevin rolled his eyes.

Kevin said his favorite Disney villain part from The Little Mermaid he whined, "PoOr UnFoRtUnAtE sOuLs,"

Joe then joined in from ( I think... Correct me if I'm wrong...) The Princess and the Frog, "You're in my world now, not your world. And I got friends on the other side," we silently waited for Nick to join in, he had to. Then he figured it was the only way to keep me from thinking about the pain.

Nick sighed and sang from Hocus Pocus, "I put a spell on youu. And noww you're minee." I giggled because little did they now, I had been videotaping this moment. Then Kevin caught on and busted out laughing. Joe caught on to and I went the video to my friends on Snapchat and posted it on my Instagram. Nick's phone went off, and so did the other two boys' phones. They watched the video again and laughed. Nick was embarrassed but also laughed. I thought it was hilarious, you know who else did? Nick's personal assistant.