Chapter 4: Hall of Fame

Don't look at me like that, I know this song is by The Script, and I quite frankly do not care. I don't know any other Jonas Brothers songs.

I love the song called Hall of Fame by The Script. I've sung it for choir, and I've played the piano part in the talent show. Do you want proof? There's a trophy in my room from the talent show. I played the song again and again on my piano, and Nick walked in. "Hey, it's 3:00 p.m uh, we called in sick for you today. You got twenty minutes to get ready. You can just wear comfy clothes," Nick told me.

"Ok, I'll be ready when the minute hand is on 10," I sighed.

"That's five minutes ya know?" he asked as if I had hit my head against the wall and caused brain damage.

"Ha ha ha, Nick. I wouldn't have said that if I didn't know, now would I?" I asked, following his questions. He shrugged and shut the door as he walked out. I threw on a sweatshirt with sweatpants, did my makeup, and braided my colorful (pink, purple, and blonde) pastel hair.

 I threw on a sweatshirt with sweatpants, did my makeup, and braided my colorful (pink, purple, and blonde) pastel hair

I walked out of my room and sat on the couch. I could hear Joe trying to argue over the loud blaring music I turned up.

"Melissa, turn that off! We're leaving now!" Kevin yelled over the music.

"The house is all locked up, let's go," I sighed before grabbing my faux fur blanket and turning off the music. I might as well be comfy since I thought we were taking the tour bus again. I tossed Nick the house keys and the car keys as we walked out the door, "hurry uuuuuup!"

"Pastel El can't wait to get there?" Kevin asked being the grump he usually was towards me.

"Don't start it, Kevin," Nick warned. I didn't know we were taking a private jet, again.

"Got here before they opened so fans couldn't get inside," Joe explained, "we can still get on the plane, but it's gonna be literally five find minutes. Exactly when they open." I nodded and curled up in my usual spot next to Nick on the private jet.

"This spot is never gonna get old for you. Is it, Melissa?" Nick asked and chuckled.

"Nope, never will. I know I'm safe near you," I quietly said. I could hear Nick chuckle once more at that sentence. I truly knew I was, I never had to fear anything near him. My mother always had told me Nick had been a safe person to run to. I was always comfortable around him. I was closer to Nick than my other brothers.

"Man, when will El ever open up to us like that?" Joe and Kevin asked in unison. I was awake finally.

"Never," I answered. Kevin's jaw dropped.

"You're kidding right?" Kevin asked.

"Nope," I responded. I yawned and went to sleep.

Nick chuckled and responded to his two brothers, "Just remember that she's my daughter. My girlfriend brought her into this world and she may never know. She only has a strong connection with me because she's my kid," Nick frowned after finishing his sentence.

"True, she is your kid, Nick," Joe responded and Kevin nodded.

"What's this about?" I asked confused as I blinked my tired eyes and their eyes widened. Nick looked at Joe, who looked at Kevin, who looked back at Nick.

"Nothing, it's none of your concern," Kevin blurted, and Nick glared at him.

"What's really going on?" I asked.

"We said it was nothing, just to back to sleep," Joe mumbled. I rolled my eyes, obviously, there had to be a bigger picture that what they were illustrating verbally to me. I leaned on Nick and went back to sleep.

I have a great GPA, I remember a lot about everything. So why can't I remember much more about my parents? Or are one of my brothers lying to me and are my dad...?