Symptoms

A soft smile was present on Army's facials, his eyes appeared mellow and loving. It was as if a wave of sudden relief had washed throughout his body, there he was. He walks closer from Aloha's left. The male inkling had his upper body arched forward, arms on the balcony ledge, with a glass of what Army assumed to be alcohol in the boy's hand. Aloha just seemed like a carefree spirit, not thinking about anything in particular. Army felt a little dumb worrying about Aloha, he's right there.

"There you are... idiot" Army said in a playful yet calming tone.

Aloha twitched, he was brought back from his daze. He turned his head to the where the voice came from. He knew who it was, and with that his pupils dilated at the sight of Army with a grin that came after.

"Oh~ haha, looks like I've been found by Mr detective~~. Aloha remarks with a cheeky grin.

Army stood close to Aloha, their eyes only looking at each other.

"What brings you here, captain?" Aloha asks, he twirls his glass, the ice creating a distinctive sound in a not so quiet night.

"Well", Army leans forward, looking into the night sky above him. Mirroring Aloha.

"I was looking for a boy who doesn't seem to keep his promises that he made for himself"

"Promises?, for myself ?" Aloha states in confusion, expecting an answer from the other.

(Army: EEP, DID THAT SENTENCE EVEN MAKE SENSE!?, OH MY GOSH DID THAT COCKTAIL IS MAKING ME FORGET COMMON VOCABULARY!?!?) Army's face flushed in red as he started to fidget and fluster all over the place. Aloha gazed, a small yet loving grin was plastered on his face.

(Aloha: ah, this cutie)

Army began to utter something.

"W-well you said you wanted to slow dance with someone. But you just left during the beginning" Army muttered quietly, face all red as he played with his sleeve.

Aloha heart skipped a beat.

(Aloha: d-damn, how can an inkling be this cute!?!?!)

Aloha had a small confidence boost, he felt as if he was Sherlock Holmes explaining a case.

"Haha, first, I didn't leave at the beginning, I left during the break" Aloha stated as he straightens his posture.

"What—-" Army was cut off as he was about to ask a question. Aloha continued.

"Second, I left because I needed a breather, away from others" Aloha emitted his confidence further into his reason.

"But—" Army was cut off yet again, Aloha already knew what Army was going to ask. He caved into his main reason for his disappearance.

"And the reason I left.... I guess I just didn't really want to dance with any inkling there"

Army's eyes widened

(Army:Why..... why do you look so sad. Your sly smile disappeared the moment you said that. A small smile is left on your face. Are you dumb!?, did you think I wouldn't notice your sad face?. How do I comfort you?, who did you really want to dance with?, it couldn't have been some stranger... right?)

Aloha continues, oblivious to Army's absence

"That was your question right?"

Army snaps back into reality, he utters out;

"Yeah, you're more of a detective than me" Army said in a sadden tone

"Hahahaha of course, I'm Aloha, the smart and the handsome~~~" Aloha states in a cocky way, sparkles all around him