𝑿𝑰𝑰

—

POE DAMERON STOOD WAITING AT THE LANDING BAYS IN ANTICIPATION.

His eyes flickered with excitement as he saw The Falcon slowly lower into landing. Lila was on there.

His Lila.

Lila on the other hand, was the furthest from excited.

Yes, she'd be seeing Poe and that was a great thing, whether it was awkward or not.

It didn't matter at this moment, none of it did.

Right now all Lila wanted was her dad.

Chewie was the first to get off, carrying Finn off to get him to the Medic.

Rey gave her a look of sympathy, "We should go out and see everyone."

Lila just nodded.

How could she even face the base? She couldn't even save her own father. Ben even had his lightsaber inches away from her neck for gods sake! She was stupid to think she could ever use that lightsaber again, she was stupid to think that she even had the slightest chance to piece back her family.

Uncle Luke had taught her all these ways of the force, yet she couldn't even use one single bit of her training to save her dad? Why couldn't she just bring herself to reconnect with the force. Of course, she always felt the force around her. But something in her brain was just stopping her from ever using it to her full ability.

Any time she had ever tried to meditate, even levitate something, images of the Jedi Temple flashed in her mind. Why should she even use the force, if some of her best friends would never get the chance to reach that potential after they were slain by her brother?

Why couldn't her stupid mind just get over what happened and she could've stopped Ben and saved her dad?

She finally managed to bring herself to get off the ship and when she exited, saw all the anticipated Resistance fighters and most importantly, her mom.

When she came face to face with her mother Lila knew that she had felt it.

Poe, grinning, instantly walked towards her but when he noticed her, emotionless and tear stained face, he abruptly stopped, confused. But when he looked back up at the Falcon and saw Han Solo had not got off, he knew what was wrong.

He stepped back as he watched Leia approach her daughter and pull her into an embrace.

Lila held onto her mother tightly, as if she was the only person she had left. It felt like she was.