May The Real Gods Be On Your Side

The village was quiet when you woke up at 4:30. You yawned and stretched in dismay, but got up none the less. You got dressed, noticed Kakashi wasn't home, ate some breakfast, brushed your teeth, and you headed out with ten minutes to spare. The sun was dull and the mountains in the distance almost looked to be a shade of purple. Once you were near the area, you noticed Sakura walking a bit aways ahead of you. You jogged to catch up to her, noticing Naruto and Sasuke on the converging road up ahead.

"Morning," Sakura greets, rubbing her eyes.

Naruto made a sort of groaning noise as his tiredness was majority of his presence, and you smirked a little.

"Morning," you said. Sasuke doesn't respond. The three of them stand in a circle, and you take this opportunity to take off your backpack, placing it on the soft grass, and using it as a pillow. "Wake up when he gets here."

"Huh?" Sakura said. "He said we would be meeting now, so I don't think-"

"Eh, he will probably be late." As you drifted off to sleep, the others stood facing eachother as the sun rose. Finally, Naruto had squatted down to rest when you had completely lost consciousness. As the hours passed, you evenutally woke up, seeing that Naruto was still asleep. Sakura took this opportunity to sit. "Hey, Sasuke. You can sit too, you know!"

He doesn't answer. Of course.

"Hi, good morning," Kakashi said tiredly, approaching the group.

"You're late!" Sakura and Naruto yell in unison as you scratch your eyes and stand up. Loud...

"Well, a black cat cross my path, you see," Kakashi explained.

"That's not a real excuse," you said as Saukra and Naruto growled in anger towards Kakashi.

"Ahem! Oh well..." Kakashi trailed. "Okay! It's set for 12:00!" He showed off an alarm clock, that was, in fact, set to noon. Then, he takes out two bells, holding them out in front of us. "Today's assignment is to take these bells away from me by noon."

"Those who can't do it won't get lunch," he warned. "They'll be tied to that... and I'll eat my lunch before your very eyes."

'Wait. Two bells? Two winners and, two losers. If Sakura and Sasuke pass... well would they still share their lunch?! I expected their to be three bells, but I guess he really wants to go hard on this group...' you thought.

Either way, you were glad you ate before you left, as you weren't nearly as hungry as you would have been. You smirked slightly as the other three's stomachs growled in discontent with the topic. You almost felt a little bad for them. It seemed Naruto hadn't taken your advice...

"But, hold on!" Sakura said. Ah, she has finally caught on to the two to four ratio of bells. "Why are there only two bells?"

"There are only two, so at the very least, so two of you have to go to the logs," he said, a devious smile on his lips (despite not seeing it, but by the sign of that closed eye... you knew he was). "Those persons will be disqualified for failing the mission and will return to the Academy." He jingled the bells as a taunt. Like flagging a red cloth at four angry bulls. Alright, Kakashi. You want a fight? Sure. You're definitely so much better than Sakura. You and Sasuke will take the reigns! Or, if anything, you and Sakura will work together and take the bells since she advocates for team work.

"It might be one person at the very least, or it could be all three of you," Kakashi reminds. He is a jonin... like that would stop you! You have an excessive amount of chakra! You can fly! And turn invisible! During the academy you learned that you could do whatever you wanted! Except for the basics... either way, you knew you could do it if you tried! Kakashi doesn't know your tricks like you do. To your knowledge, he wasn't aware of your experiments in your room after school... "You can use your Shurien. You won't be able to take the bells unless you come with the intent to kill me."