Epilogue: Yours

•I came to life when I first kissed you
The best me has his arms around you
You make me better than I was before
Thank God I'm yours•

~Almost Two Years Later~

Leaning in the doorway, Lydia smiled to herself as she watched Luke get Seth ready. Their almost two-year-old had been very finicky lately when it came to clothes, and Lydia was a little bit worried about how he would react to the collared shirt and kakis.

"Come on Seth, you have to put on the shirt."

"No," the little boy said with a shake of his head.

"Yes, little boy," Luke held back a smile. He couldn't help it. His son was stubborn, but the trait still came across enduring at times.

"No." Seth crossed his arms.

"Well sometimes we have to do things we don't want to, and looking nice for mommy and daddy's rehearsal dinner is one of them."

Seth sighed with his arms still crossed. Luke waited patiently as his son seemed to process his words. "Ok," He agreed glumly.

"Hey, buck up." Luke tussled the boy's hair as he helped him with the shirt. "I have to wear one too, and it matches yours."

"Really?"

"Really," The father nodded.

Seth smiled as his father buttoned up his shirt and straightened the collar. "There, very handsome," Luke winked, making Seth giggle.

"The most handsome little boy I've ever seen," Lydia spoke up with a smile, alerting the two to her presence.

"Mahi!" Seth squealed, dashing over to her.

Lydia picked him up, swinging him around as she peppered his cheeks with kisses. She had been gone a majority of the day, making sure everything was ready for the rehearsal dinner tonight and the wedding tomorrow. "Did you miss me?"

Seth nodded rapidly, his brown curls bounced around. Lydia refused to cut her son's hair too short, adoring his Kuechly curls.

"Where Isla?" The boy held up his hands in question.

"She's downstairs eating a snack."

Eagerly, Seth slid out of his mother's arms and ran out of his room to go find his big sister.

"Don't get dirty," Lydia called after her son. "and be careful on the stairs!"

"I got him!" Isla called back.

"He really missed the two of you today," Luke smiled, sliding his arm's around his fiancé's waist.

Lydia wrapped her arms around his neck and smiled as she kissed him. "Isla was a trooper today. I think she may have had a better time than me," The woman laughed.

Luke chuckled, nuzzling into the crook of Lydia's neck. His five o'clock shadow scratched her neck slightly but in the best kind of way. "Are you tired?" Lydia giggled, playing with Luke's hair. It was at her favorite length and by default Luke's favorite, simply because he adored it when Lydia ran her fingers through it.

Luke nodded. "Seth and I went to the zoo and then we went over to pick up the chairs and tables, but there was no one there to help me load them into the trailer. Luckily, Henry and John were there to help me unload them."

"You poor thing. Had to do all the work yourself." Lydia teased.

"It didn't help that someone kept me up most of the night last night," The man said, looking at his bride to be with a suggestive smirk.