Chapter 1 Shelley

It's a Friday Afternoon and my angel has just finished school for the year. she walks out of school and i see her with her friends her smile is nonexistent like it used to be. making my stomach turn. I hate how my life has made it hard for her. no matter how many schools i move her to they find out who her mother is, the rumors start like a fire in the dry country bush. sighing to myself i hate how i have made her life. I can afford to give her the world but i can't give her silence to the rumors and bullying. normally i wouldn't pick her up from school she would drive herself, but her car needed a Service. she hugs her friends well the little she has. some wave and smile at me i nod and smile back. she walks to the car playing with the edge of her jacket and i see it in my baby's eyes. she had another shit day another day of people being cruel and nasty and my stomach faulters i know this is my fault. she puts her bag in the boot of the car, and she climbs in. I want to take away the pain but unfortunately, it's something I just do.

"Hey baby" i say smiling and putting the flicker on and driving out of the school parking lot.

"hey" she says fake smile, but she is trying like always.

"How was hell" i ask jokingly.

"The usual, i did blow behind the gym shed" she says sassing me with her trade smirk.

"Oh, really and i wasn't invited huh thought we had a connection" i say smiling she laughs. 

"at least the rumors would be true" she says joking but that stung like hell, as i know the rumors i know she suffers but when my angel suffers so do to.

"I've got class tonight but i want to talk after yeah" knowing i need to work my frustration out in mai thai tonight after seeing her pain in her eyes.

"Yeah, can we have something easy for dinner" she asks and as she never ask for anything i nod.

"Sure, you order it for seven and I'll pick it up on the way home, just send me the information" i say smiling she nods and i know our conversation is done and her slipping her headphones in makes me know for sure she is done. we walk in the door, and she runs to her room. i go to mine and get ready. walking down to the bottom step i slip on my shoes, i send her a msg letting her know i love her to the stars and beyond. she sends the same back and i move to the car and open it. i crank the music and get to my class.

every punch i throw i picture his face his stupid bad boy vibe who made me pregnant. I'll never regret my baby but what she goes through every day makes my skin crawl. makes me want to be sick. he might not have been all there, but he should never have forced himself on me. out of the horrible experience i know i had the best thing given to me. its why i called her angelica and angel for short she was sent to me to help me get through what I went through, and she was my reward for my bravery. i check my phone and see she ordered Chinese i grab myself a bottle of wine and i head home. hoping this conversation will go down like a good bottle of Moscato.

"home" i yell throwing my keys into the key dish that contains my keys and a bunch of crap. really have to sort it.

"coming" she yells down the hall. she comes to a stop and i see she is in her pj cotton black bottoms and tank she is ready for bed.

"Tired baby" with her fire red hair we had done last week. she is like that model Dayana Crunk. i kiss her head and sit down.

"I am. i am glad this year is over" she says piling food on her plate i go silent and play with my food wondering how to start this conversation.

"mum"

"Yeah baby"

"What's wrong you have been weird all day" she says i smile at how perceptive she is.

"I could say the same' i chide.

"Mum, I don't blame you" she says at me I know she is thinking about what happen when I was 15.

"I know baby."

"SOOO spill" she says finishing her plate of food.

"Ange sweetheart i got a promotion today" i say looking at her very ocean blue eyes.

"Wow mum that's great i" she goes to start but i stop her with my hand and place it on hers

"Baby i have to move" i say biting my lip I'm fucking worried about her reaction.

"where" she says leaning back and folding her arms over her chest.

"California but the countryside" i say low and i see her tense.

"that's America."

"yes"

"Are you taking it"

"I want to baby it would give my career that push i need" i say low knowing her temper is rising.

"What about me" she says and i see her eyes briming with tears i move fast and i turn her chair and kneel on the floor Infront of her so she can see my love for her and how real I am.

"Ur my baby Ange u and me forever but if you don't want to come, I'm sure your grandparents will take you on" i say breaking my heart about being separate from my girl and them horrible people.

"I can come" she says her eyes meeting mine that's the spitting image and I see hope and it takes the wind from me.

"I would never take something on that would separate us" i say nearly crying myself. she falls into my arms like she always does.

"I want to be with you" she says in a broken voice nearly breaking me to.

"What about friends' baby. what about your dreams. do you need to think about this" i ask?

"You're my friend. i can be a childcare person anywhere and i want to be with you" she says i smile back at my girl I've always been proud of.

"Okay baby" i say she nods and i wipe my thumb over her Tears clearing her face.

"Go fix self-up up and we can lay in my room with a movie and maybe look at the houses the realtor sent me" i say and she nods more excited. I sigh in my thoughts about what was going through her head to think I would abandon her.

"What about the mess" she says pointing to the table.

"I'll do it baby you go settle in my room will be up in a second.'

"Okay mum" she is halfway up the hall when she turns back to me in her tender way she does.

"Love u mum" she says making me smile at the sweet girl but i have to hold my breath my sweet girl is a damn woman at her age i had her and i was alone.

The rest of the night went smooth we agreed on a house after we were on video call with a lady while she showed us the houses we giggled and laughed at some of the places as they looked like hippy places but i smiled as we both beamed at the house, we found we both liked. rolling over i sweep her hair from her face and sigh on how lucky i am to have her. i may not have been blessed before but when i had angel i was blessed in more ways than one.

Photo above is how I picture the characters, but angel has fire red hair.