01

Troy Davies sat in the elegant hotel at Midtown Manhattan, where he was staying during his visit. He was here for a business lunch. He sat, checking the file he was to sign in a few moments. His PA walked in and informed him about the confirmation of the deal to which he chuckled.

His PA curiously questioned, "How did they agree to this deal? The company had rejected our proposal before?"

Troy grinned, his smile reflecting his victory. He stood up and answered, "l'amour existe pour l'argent et l'argent existe pour l'amour; l'argent existera sans amour mais l'amour n'existera jamais sans argent." (Remember, love exists for money and money exists for love; money will exists without love but love will never ever exists without money).

Troy had begun speaking some french at the time. The main reason was his PA, who was from France and she was with him from dawn to dusk, sometimes spent the night with him too, if they had work left.

His PA slowly nodded before saying, "Sir, your next meeting is with Whites."

After some time... Troy arrived at the meeting room with his father. Ms. Florence was already seated in a chair. She stood up from her place and greeted them. The room is a perfect offsite meeting room conveniently located in glaring Manhattan. The sophisticated boardroom is outfitted with a custom white oak table and leather Eames chairs. The flexible space is flooded with natural light and features stunning views of tall buildings and towers. The room is outfitted with smart TV's.

Mr.Leander sat in the head chair while Troy sat to his left and Florence to his right.

The first time Troy Davies met Florence White was when her mother Mrs. Seraphina appointed her one and only daughter Florence White as project head with Davies. Florence had only recently completed her graduation and her mom wanted to make her more responsible, so she talked to her friend Mrs.Zemira, who recommended her to work with her son, Troy. Mom agreed on it and soon Zemira asked her husband Leander to make an official project for both.

It was her first project, but Troy had some experience.

Mr.Leander discussed all clauses of the documents with Florence and Troy. After the discussion, both of them signed the deal. When the project was approved, they all had lunch together, but Florence had to leave for some urgent work. She left but her car wouldn't start. Once she realized her struggle was in vain, she went back to Mr. Leander and informed him about the malfunctioning of her car.

Mr. Leander offered help saying, "No problem, my daughter! Troy will drop you."

She declined, "No thank you, just arrange a taxi for me, please."

Mr.Leander comforted, "It's okay, it doesn't matter, you both are partners now."

Troy gave a fake smile with a disapproving look to his dad, "Come, I'll arrange a taxi for you," Troy recommended.

His Dad moved his neck and gestured a  No to him. And told Florence, "He will drop you, my daughter! Wherever you want."

Troy yelled harshly, "Come please!"

They went to his car, she took the passenger seat as he turned on the engine.

She said uncomfortably, "You don't need to drop me off."

Troy whispered, "You are my responsibility, as long as I'll drop you wherever you want."

She refused again, "I can manage myself."

His veins were already bursting. He had to leave the hotel because of her.

He roared, "Just keep silent."

Florence felt something heavy on her mind and she just wanted to tear him, into pieces. She tried to keep her nerves calm, and said, "Do you want me to prove that I can't go by myself?"

Troy commented, "Excuse me, Ms. White, Are you giving me an explanation?"

Florence refused to look into his dark brown eyes, "Not at all, you are wrong. Why would I give you an explanation?"

Troy was starting to get even angrier, "Tell me where you want to go, or you do want to drive with me the whole night?"

Her Hazel eyes were on fire, but she replied in a humorous way, "Another wrong statement, you have many misunderstandings about yourself, Mr. Davies."

Troy grinned, "I'm always right, Do you get that?"

Florence questioned in a serious tone, "What do you think of yourself?"

Troy responded, "Who I am!"

Florence yelled, "You mean rude, stupid and obnoxious."

Not being able to hold it any more he let out a chuckle, "More than that, but I have my own reasons."

Florence added, "Well, arrogant too."

He teased, "I really like your vocabulary and sense of humour."

Florence whispered, "Take a left from here."

Troy roared, "Say left please, I'm not your driver!"

Florence commented, "Then why don't you send your driver to drop me? I have never met anyone ruder than you in the world."

Troy answered, "It means you haven't seen anything in the world yet."

He stopped the car as they reached their destination. While opening the door, she said in a harsh tone, "If there is competition for the most ill-mannered person in the world, you will get the first prize."

He grabbed her hand tightly and demanded, "Say sorry."

Florence said, "Leave my hand, you're hurting me." He left her hand and gave her a devilish look.

"You are such a wild animal too!" She yelled before closing the door harshly.

Troy whispered, "If I had not learned to respect women, then I would have slaughtered you right now."

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hey peeps!

I hope you all are fine. Its another journey ...hope you'll like it, share your thoughts in comments...

With love
Mery Ruaid