02

As she sat on her bicycle, her phone rang. She took a glimpse of its screen, "My mum must have sensed it," she whispered.  She switched her phone off without answering and slid the phone back into her pocket.

The boy who was her opponent, argued with her, " Answer it! It'd be your excuse to abandon the race, Ms. White."

Florence steamed, "If your bicycle was as big as your mouth, maybe you would've won the race in a while."

Florence was participating in a race. She liked races, and she loved winning them too. Her cousin, Aurora, and her best friend, Scarlet, were also there to see her race. But her mom had a serious issue with these races, because she was putting her life at risk.

Aurora argued, "This guy is going to win the race. He's upgraded his bicycle just for this race."

Scarlet replied, "I doubt it. You know Florence. She becomes a superheroine in every vehicle! Florence is definitely going to win!"

Aurora nodded.

A girl came in front of both competitors and spoke, "Guys, you know the rules. I want a decent race. The race begins when the scarf touches the ground," As she finished, she threw the scarf upward. Both looked at each other straight in the eyes. As the scarf touched the ground, they started pedalling.

Aurora whispered, "The boy is ahead! He's blocking her way."

The race was quite good, the boy was ahead but Florence wasn't about to give up without a fight also. But a little farther on the course pieces of rocks were there on the road. The boy jumped over them and Florence tried too but ended up skidding and falling off. The race had to end without announcing the winner due to Florence's accident.

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Seraphina sat with her best friend, Zemira, in the office. She was worried about Florence; she'd not answering her call and she hadn't arrived at the office yet. "No, she won't answer!" Seraphina whispered tensely.  "God knows what she's up to this time."

Zemira consoled her and placed a hand on Seraphina's shoulder, "Seraphina, forget the daily fuss already. You should worry about yourself."

Seraphina questioned, "Should I? You are the one who says there is no hope."

She froze for a second before continuing, "Don't worry. Florence's going to kill me before the disease does."

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

"Race isn't just his work, his interest and hobby too. Mr.Davies also wants to take his company to the top on an international level. For this goal, he has been working day and night, and has proven himself. Now he wants to sign a contract with you to develop it in New York as well," his PA introduced him.

He was about to go into a meeting with a famous business tycoon, Ms. Layla Sydney. He had aimed to spread his business into different countries across the world. He used to work as a shareholder, but soon he became head of the company, since he's the eldest son of Davies family.

Layla and Troy went to the meeting room. When he got seated, she served him a drink.

"Thank you so much," he said taking a sip of his drink.

"Glad you like it," she answered.

"I heard you're very choosy in business, and don't take decisions by heart. Is that true?" He questioned.

She stood from her seat and walked toward him," You have heard the truth. But in your case, I think I have to use my heart."

He answered, "So kind of you, Ms. Sydney."

"Call me Layla. I hope you take our business to the top, and I'll help you. I'm sure you'll be happy with my support," she touched his hand gently.

With his free hand, very pointedly, removed her hand from his, stood up and steamed, "You misunderstand me, Ms. Sydney. I'm here for a business meeting, not to date you."

Layla burst with anger, "You're insulting me, Mr.Davies."

Troy pissed, "You can feel whatever you want. I can't break my rules."

He got up and walked towards the door but stop when she shouted, "Stop Mr.Davies! you can't ignore me. If you leave this room now, I will make sure you suffer."

Troy answered in a serious tone, "I don't care."

She screamed, "I have power and position! You can't imagine what I'll do with you!"

He grinned, "I don't care about the profit or loss compared to my rules," and left. As he came out, he called his driver. In a second his car stood in front of him and he left.

Layla threw everything on the table onto the floor, which was all she could do at that moment.

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Florence and Aurora were seated in Florence's room. Florence placed her head in Aurora's lap, as Aurora spun her fingers in Florence's hair. Aurora was her cousin, but she had lived with them ever since her parents died in an accident. Ever since that time she has been  Florence's best friend, and sister too. Aurora worried about her the way her mom did because she loved her more than anything in the world.

Aurora cried out, "I almost lost it when you had that accident!"

Florence commented, "Come on, sister. I'm not a kid. Nothing serious, just a little sprain."

Aurora complained, "You promised Mom you wouldn't race again."

Florence answered, "And I'm keeping my promise. It wasn't a motorcycle race, it was a bicycle race."

Aurora pissed, "Let's see if you can still make jokes when mom calls you to account."

Florence exclaimed, "I love risky stuff! but I don't have the guts to do that!"

Aurora complained, "Florence, you don't think about me at all. Do you? I couldn't stand it if something happened to you."

Florence consoled, "Don't worry, love. I dress like a Robocop when I'm riding. Even though I rolled over thrice,  I survived the accident with only a sprained wrist."

Aurora rolled her eyes and steamed, "You rolled over thrice?! Oh, my God!"

Florence said, "No need to worry. I'm reducing the risk. I switched from motorcycle to bicycle. Soon I might switch to car, gradually."

Aurora boiled, "No! I can't allow this. Listen, missy, you won't get on any vehicle from now on. All right, love?"

Florence teased, "Well...How about horse riding?"

Aurora was peeved, "How can you joke about this, Florence? I'm worried sick here, and you are making fun of me."

Florence grinned and hugged her. While Aurora warned, "Whatever. It's beyond us. Plus it falls under mom's jurisdiction anyway."

Florence replied seriously, "It doesn't. Let's keep mom out of this, please."

Aurora always warned Florence, because the only thing Florence was scared of was her mom.

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hey peeps!

I hope you like it. Feel free to share your views in the comments. Click the star at the end.

Tell me your thoughts about Troy?

Thoughts about Aurora?

Thoughts about Florence.