The First Time

Byleth's Pov.

I remember waking up from a dream that felt so real. A green-haired woman fighting a strange man with a sword that could turn into use for long-distance. Her eyes filled with anger and hate as she stabbed him over and over again. It was strange.

"Hey. Time to wake up."

I can hear my father, Jeralt Eisner, in close proximity. He's the leader of a company of mercenary, helping anyone who ever needs help for the sake of good. He's a loving father who doesn't show many emotions. Very calm and precise. A good father. 

"I'm up," I say. I brush my dark blue strands of hair out of my eyes and sit up from my bed. 

"Were you having that dream again?"

"I was dreaming about a young girl..." I blink a few times to get used to the light. My father was looming over me with his hand held out. I took it and stood to my feet with his help.

"You've described her to me before. I don't think I've ever met anyone like that." He said as he shook his head and stood in thought for a moment. He then looked up and gave a slight smile. "In any case, just put that out of your mind for now. The battlefield is no time for idle thoughts."

I nodded.

Jeralt sighed. "Risking your life is part of the job for mercenaries like us. Letting your mind wander is a sure way to get yourself killed." 

I nodded once more.

"Okay, time to get moving." He paused. "Our next job is in the Kingdom. I told you before, it's far from here so we'll need to leave at dawn."

"Oh, right..." I sighed and brushed my hair out of the way once more.

"Hm? Oh, good grief. Everyone is already outside waiting for us."

I gave a slight smile and ran my fingers through my hair and stretched. My father went outside to address the situation. After a few minutes of coming to terms with the early morning, I heard a commotion outside. I decided it was time to really get ready. I attached my sword to the side of my belt and practiced the few fire spells that I knew. I opened the door.

My father was talking to three young-looking students, all who I thought were a year or two younger than I was. One with a posture that was too straight and purple eyes that looked like a million secrets were locked behind. Her white hair looked very well taken care of and had two purple ribbons on the side of her head. She looked very beautiful but very stern and intimidating. The other was a light brown skin tone with dark brown hair that was curly and unkempt, with a braid on one side of his face. His face was smiling, but his eyes weren't. He looked fun and playful with a relatively dark side. He looked easy to get along with. Finally, there was a tall male with an interesting hair cut. Blond and almost too straight of cuts. His eyes were as blue as an ocean and his stern face was captivating. He was almost... too handsome. He glanced over at me and gave a slight smile. That's when my father turned around and I broke my gaze of this handsome male.

"Hey, kiddo. Change of plans. We need to take care of bandits." He sighed.

I nodded and drew my sword.

The white-haired girl spoke up. "You're not even going to question who you're fighting?"

I laughed. "I haven't had the luxury of it."

She looked confused. 

After a long battle, I wiped off my blade and sighed. I've never liked taking lives but it has never affected me very deeply. I tried to force the thought out of my mind as the white-haired girl approached me with a smile. She thanked me for my service in the battle, and soon the other two teens caught up with her.

"That was absolutely amazing! I've never seen that much skill, especially from prince-y here." The brown-haired male nudged the blond one. He gave him a stern growl.

"That was very interesting, thank you. I'm afraid I haven't introduced myself, or the others. My name is Edelgard Von Hresvelg, heir to the Adrestian Empire." The girl introduced as Edelgard gave a slight bow and a smile.

"Yeah, we're doing formal introductions. Cool. Well... my name is Claude Von Reigen if you care. Heir to the Leister Alliance." 

"I suppose it's my turn." The blonde male smiled and shrugged. "My name is Dimitri Alexandre Blaiddyd. Prince of the Holy Kingdom of Faerghus."

I almost blushed this man was so perfect. 

My father ended up meeting with his childhood best friend, a man named Alois. For as far as childhood friends go, Jeralt didn't look too happy to see him. He was part of the knights of Serios, a group I had never heard of. The teens looked shocked to hear that I had never heard of them, and Claude kept asking questions in disbelief. My father said we were heading to the knights' headquarters called Garreg Mach Monastery. I was confused, but I followed my father. Dimitri kept stealing glances at me during the walk, and every time I felt my cheeks get redder and redder. I wasn't entirely sure where I was going next, but I decided not to question it. 

Authors Note!

Hey guys! I know this was terrible and long. I really just wanted to get a quick and meaningful intro before I got into the fun stories of those two. I can promise that the next stories won't be this serious or weird. This is my first fanfiction so I'm getting used to it. Thanks a lot for reading and please support me through this cringe process. I love you all! Thanks so much for reading.

Edit: Actually, I've decided something. I'm going to make this into an actual fan fiction/long story. I love writing and I do this story to get noticed... so I might as well add some personal flair to this. I hope you guys still enjoy!