Three Houses

Garreg Mach was the largest structure Byleth had ever seen, and that was saying something. She had been all around Fodlan with her father and his mercenaries. It was strange to her since she had never even seen the place, the more she thought about it, the more strange it seemed.

"Maybe Jeralt never wanted me to see this place? That's the only conclusion I've come up with... there must have been some sort of job supply around here." She thought.

"Oh, come now," a voice in here head sighed. She panicked.

"Who said that?" Byleth turned towards Dimitri as they continued to approach the gates of the monetary.

"Who said what? I didn't hear anything in specific."

"He'll think you're crazy, if you continue like this. Keep quiet, I'll introduce myself momentarily."

Byleth didn't react as strongly as she did the first time, but she was still in shock. The voice sounded like a young girl. High pitched... and annoying. She wondered if the voice could hear her thoughts.

Byleth didn't notice Dimitri's worried stare. "Are you alright? You look like you've seen a ghost." When Byleth didn't respond, he waved his hand in front of Byleth. "...Hello?" Still nothing.

"Claude?"

"Yes, your princeliness?" Claude didn't turn around and continued to glare at Edelgard, for no particular reason.

"Can you, uh, help?"

"Help with what...?" He turned around and noticed Byleth. He stopped. "Uh, you okay there?"

Edelgard noticed and stopped too. "Perhaps we should get her father? Or I could try I spell on her."

"I'd rather you not set someone on fire. Again." Claude snickered.

"That was an accident! I apologized to Dimitri already."

"You set Dimitri on fire?" Byleth snapped out of it and giggled. "How on earth did you manage to do that?"

Dimitri smiled seeing that Byleth was somewhat back to normal. Edelgard was slightly flustered and glaring at Claude.

"I was trying to set a camp fire. Until someone decided to push me." She nudged Claude.

"It's fine, Edelgard. You only gave me a slight burn." Dimitri took his left glove to show the burn mark on the back of his hand. It wasn't exactly a slight burn.

"Slight burn?" Byleth laughed. "That thing looks like an apple."

"That's what I said!" Claude raised his fist for a fist bump. Byleth hesitated and bumped his fist while laughing.

"In any case, I'm sorry, Dimitri." Edelgard tried to sound serious, but thanks to Claude's laughing it was hard to.

"Kiddo!" The four of them were startled by a gruff voice shouting at Byleth. "We're almost there, c'mon."

"Sorry, father." Byleth tilted her head to tell the three friends to continue walking. Jeralt noticed his daughter smiling which was considered a rare sight to him.

"You know, Garreg Mach really is Fodlan in a nut shell." Claude said, casually putting his arms behind his back. It strengthened his persona as a laid back kind of guy.

"What makes you say that?" Byleth asked.

Before Claude could answer, Dimitri spoke up. "It's where all of Fodlans people can go to relax and learn."

Claude nodded. "It's like one large mesh of cultures. Gotta say, out of all the foods they serve there, Enbarr's has to to be the best." He shot a smile at Edelgard, she smiled back.

"It'll be your first time there, right? I remember you saying that. I'd love to show you around." Dimitri smiled brightly at Byleth and for some reason, she felt her cheeks getting hot.

"Hah! Sounds like you've got a crush, your princeliness." Claude jabbed at Dimitri. He didn't say anything.

"Aww, Dimitri isn't very quick to deny it like he normally is with Slyvain." Edelgard chimed in on the teasing. "I must say, Byleth here is rather gorgeous." Byleth could tell Edelgard was kidding, but Dimitri couldn't.

"Just because she's gorgeous doesn't mean I have a crush... dammit."

"Hah! Got you to admit it! Nice one, Edelgard!" Claude and Edelgard highfived. Claude put his arm around Dimitri which made Edelgard run over to Dimitri to do the same.

Byleth was giggling as all this madness was happening. She didn't think Dimitri had a crush on her, but his almost tomato shaded face made a funny way to say that he did.

"It seems his princeliness has got a crush!" Claude shouted. He turned some heads.

"Claude! Would you shut up for one minute! I do not."

"I think otherwise!" Edelgard shouted. Dimitri pushed them both off of him.

"Look at how red your face is!" Byleth giggled and poked Dimitri's cheeks.

"Not you too..."

Edelgard seemed to quickly drop her smile as she noticed the tall gates of Garreg Mach. "Hey, you three, we're here." She called out which made Byleth, Claude, and Dimitri look up. "Were we really not paying that much attention?" Edelgard thought aloud to herself.

As the gates opened, she could see students talking and running around. She saw many knights, as well. The place seemed lively and beautiful, it had a way of melting down her guard despite seeing many unfamiliar places.

"I'm afraid we'll have to take our leave..." Dimitri moved to the side of Byleth and glanced at her face, noticing her astonishment. "It is rather pretty, is it not?"

"It is." Byleth nodded.

"Hey! Dimitri! Byleth! We're out, see you around!" Claude waved and so did Edelgard. They walked off together.

"Are those two dating?" Byleth asked Dimitri.

"Hm? Edelgard and Claude?" Dimitri laughed. "No. They're polar opposites."

"They seemed to get along rather well."

"Well," Dimitri paused. "Opposites attract I suppose. Anyway, I do have to get back to my class but I would love to show you around, when you have the free time." Dimitri's smile from before never left his face. Even if he did seem intimidating, his smile was rather heart warming.

"I'd love that as well." Dimitri nodded and smiled when Byleth said that. He gave a slight bow and walked away, bringing Byleth's attention to her father. He was looking up with a stern face. Well, his usual face, although he seemed rather annoyed. When Byleth looked up, she saw what her father had been staring at. A beautiful woman with long green hair staring down at them.

"Father?" Byleth put her hand on Jeralts shoulders, he didn't move or avert his gas.

"Rhea's here."