Personal Experience

It took a few days for Byleth to read the rules of the monastery and learn the curriculum she would be teaching. She would be teaching the normal subjects children in schools learn at a higher level, as well as teaching them how to fight and defend themselves.

Byleth wasn't exactly getting used to the grounds of Garreg Mach, either. She also wasn't getting used to everyone calling her professor. She preferred her name over everything, although Claude calling her "Teach" was a close second.

She had gotten close to the three house leaders of the officer's academy. Claude, as she suspected, was the liveliest of the three. He was a huge prankster, but after getting in trouble, Byleth hardly saw Claude around the monastery. She saw him with Seteth a few times cleaning the dining hall. Dimitri described him as astute and almost manipulative with his tactics at times. Dimitri couldn't exactly tell what his morals were, only that Claude was more noble than he acted.

Edelgard was a very polite and poised young woman. Even Dimitri attmited that she can be rather... stately. Even her closest friends and allies are surprised when she relaxes. Dimitri said that he noticed her smiling much more and letting her guard down around Claude. Like when they were walking back together, Dimitri said that was the happiest he's ever seen her be. He seemed to talk about her fondly but Byleth didn't want to pry.

Dimitri... was the one she couldn't read out of all of them. Sure, they were all terribly hard to read, but it almost seemed like Dimitri was forcing himself to just be one personality. She did like that he spent a lot of his time trying to help Byleth settle into life here.

Dimitri promised Byleth that he would introduce her to Blue Lions class. Dimitri talked about everyone so fondly, it was rather cute.

Cute?

That was a word Byleth thought about Dimitri a lot. She thought it was strange that she would think of someone as cute, so did the voice in her head. Byleth was interrupted several times by the childish voice but she was used to it. They always made references to how she was doing, nitpicking, criticizing, anything that was to help her. It always came out in an annoyed tone, though.

Other than that... the voice always told her one thing that she could remember. The voice always told her to go to Zanado, not that she knew what that was. Everyday, she would be reminded that something important was lying in wait for her there.

"What exactly is there?" Byleth would ask everytime, and everytime she would get this answer.

"I'm not exactly sure."

Why would an unfamiliar voice in her head tell her to go to a place she had never heard of? Byleth didn't want to go there no matter what. She had always stuck around her father no matter where she went, and this was the most distant Byleth had ever been with him. Even if she were to go this "Zanado", her father would never be able to come with her. He's been so busy ordering around the Knights of Serios. Byleth had always considered herself emotionless, but since she's been at the academy, she always felt something. Stress, happiness, sadness, determination, it was always something. Perhaps coming here was a good thing, it had only been two and a half weeks since she came. In those two and a half weeks, Byleth was the most expressive she had ever been.

"I'm just saying..." The childish voice yawned, "He is rather suspicious, is he not?"

The child voice snapped her out of her thoughts.

The voice was rambling on and on about Dimitri while Byleth was trying to read in the library with him. Dimitri was trying to teach her some of the politics that the Church of Serios influenced.

"Professor? Are you alright?"

"Hm?" Byleth finally told the child voice to shut up and immediately looked up to meet Dimitri's eyes.