Red Diamond

(I found one of the best fanart of Dimitri and Byleth! I put it as the image for this one :3 Also, I'll be putting in fanarts for the image of stories, just know none of them are my work and I found them all on the website I put in the very first Authors note.)

After chasing Edelgard and Claude for half an hour, which included knocking students over, worrying a few knights, and ruining some kids' clothing, Byleth finally ended up tackling Edelgard while Dimitri caught up to Claude and smacked him.

"You were... hah... really fast, Edelgard," Byleth said while she was trying to stand up.

"And you're really heavy." Edelgard was still on her stomach on the ground facing the dirt. She had no signs of being out of breath, something that didn't sit too well with Byleth.

"Edelgard... listen..." Claude was out of breath, too. He was leaning on Dimitri, and Dimitri had his hands on his knees trying to catch his breath. "I'm sorry, okay? If it helps, rats are terrifying creatures."

Edelgard finally looked up from the ground. It was amusing to Byleth to see strands of grass and small chunks of dirt fall from her face as she did. "It's fine, Claude."

"Seriously?" Claude took a second to suck in air. "You chased me around just to say that it's fine?"

"Are you afraid of me?" Edelgard chuckled as she started to stand up, Byleth grabbed her arm to help her up.

"What do you mean? I was always afraid of you. I just find it fun to tease you."

"Hmph. You don't have to be too scared of me." Edelgard dusted herself off. "You should be afraid of Byleth, she had me on the ground in seconds."

Byleth laughed. "It was nothing."

Dimitri finally stood up straight and glared at Edelgard. "So you two are alright now? It only took a tackle from Byleth for you to calm down?"

"I was never angry, per se-"

"What in the name of Serios were you four doing?" A very angry voice shouted at them from behind. Claude's expression immediately darkened and Dimitri looked flustered. Byleth turned around and saw it was Seteth, the green haired man from earlier. Behind him was Jeralt.

"We're so sorry, Seteth-"

"Quiet." Seteth cut Dimitri off which made Dimitri's eyes dart to the ground.

"What's going on, kiddo? You caused quite the ruckus." Jeralt didn't look angry, at least.

"Uh, well..."

"It was my fault. I took something really precious from Edelgard as a prank and ran away. Naturally, she chased me. Sorry for knocking all those students down and scaring the knights, Seteth." Claude grinned and crossed his arms.

"Claude..." Edelgard started, but Claude's smile made her stop.

"Then what in the world was Dimitri and Byleth doing with you two?" Seteth raised his brow.

"Byleth here was just trying to stop me, so was Dimitri."

"But Claude-"

"No, no, Dimitri. You don't have to lie for me." Claude interrupted Dimitri as he was trying to get him to stop taking one for the team. Dimitri nodded and patted Claude on the back.

"Claude, you come with me for the rest of the day. Byleth, Rhea would like to speak with you." Byleth could tell Seteth didn't really believe Claude's story, but he gave up anyway.

"Hah! Byleth here is in trouble, too!" Claude snickered. Byleth gave him a slight smile and Seteth gave him a look that could shoot down the most hopeful of men. Claude's smile didn't waver, though.