Getting Over It

(Here to mention once again that these artworks are not mine. Also, this will be a bit more from Dimitri's point of view than Byleth's.)

Dimitri already had a ridiculously busy day in front of him. Not that he had important he needed to do, just that he had planned to train for half of the day, then pay a visit to the library where he could catch up on more of the Kingdoms history. He knew most of it from his private tutor at the Castle Gaspard, the castle where the royal family lived. He just wanted to brush up on any points that he missed.

However, his plans were ruined when Slyvain decided to drag him out to have lunch with Ingrid and Felix.

"C'mon, Dimitri!" Slyvain said while dragging him by his sleeve. "It'll be fun! We haven't hung out much!"

Dimitri rolled his eyes and smacked Slyvain's hand off his uniform. "Fine. How long will this take?"

"Donno. You'll have to find out." Slyvain winked and gestured for Dimitri to follow him.

"This better not be an undercover attempt to get me to have dinner with girls." Dimitri heard Slyvain laugh but still decided to follow him.

When they got to the dinning hall, Dimitri half expected for there to be tons of women waiting for him and Slyvain, but to his surprise it really was Ingrid and Felix. They were sitting on the same side of the table and chatting. The dinning hall wasn't as busy as it normally is, only four or five people off at another table.

Ingrid broke eye contact with Felix and noticed the two. She gave a smile and a wave. "Hey, guys!"

Felix turned his head to see Dimitri and Slyvain. "Took you both long enough."

"Hey, sorry we're late. Mister 'I've got things to do' was hard to get out." Slyvain chuckles as he sat down across from Ingrid.

"It's because I did have things to do." Dimitri muttered and sat down across from Felix. Felix didn't do much as look at him.

"This is nice, isn't it?" Ingrid said with her mouth full of food. "We haven't had time to just the four of us in a while."

"Don't speak with your mouth full." Felix bluntly said. Ingrid rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, we haven't. We almost thought you were avoiding us, Dimitri." Slyvain chuckled.

"Avoiding you? How come?"

"Well..." Ingrid pauses to swallow. "We just didn't see you for a while."

Dimitri rubber the back of his neck. "I wasn't avoiding you all."

"Then where the hell were you?" Felix glared at Dimitri. It was the first time they met eye to eye in a while.

"Where was I? What do you all mean?"

After a bit of awkward silence, Ingrid spoke up. "Ah, never mind. Let's just enjoy each other's company."

Slyvain nodded and Felix scoffed. Dimitri was still confused but could tell they wanted to drop it.

"So, Felix..." Slyvain leaned in and put his elbows on the table.

"Oh no." Ingrid sighed.

"What about you and Annette, huh? You two seem pretty close."

"Don't you dare, Slyvain." Ingrid scolded.

"What? I'm just asking."

Felix shook his head. "What? She's a nice girl. What are you on about?"

Slyvain gave Felix the goofiest grin until Ingrid kicked his leg from under the table. "Fine! Fine!" Slyvain put his hands up in defeat. He laughed. "I'll tease someone else then."