Rhea's Here

(New cover for the story!)

Byleth was taken all throughout the monetary with her father by the knight Alois. They seemed to get along alright, Jeralt was mainly ignoring him and rolling his eyes while keeping his straight and guarded posture. He looked on edge, yet he didn't seem to be overwhelmed. It looked like he knew his way around, which struck Byleth as strange. Alois seemed like a jolly fellow, cracking terrible jokes that resulted in Jeralt sighing everytime. Byleth almost felt bad for him, so she chuckled at a few jokes. That seemed to get a smile from Alois.

They ended up in a grand looking long room. At the end of it was the green haired woman smiling at Byleth. She glanced at Jeralt and Jeralt quickly darted his eyes to the ground while shaking his head. Byleth could tell there was history between these two but she wondered what.

"Perhaps they are lovers?"

Byleth heard the child like voice in her head again and froze.

"You must grow accustomed to my voice. You don't want to seem like a frozen deer, hmm?"

Byleth hesitated and shook her head.

"Good. Go on now, talk with the woman. We will speak later."

Byleth has no idea what to make of this, even though it did give her a bit of a jolt to know that she could hear a voice other than her own in her head, she still felt as emotionless as ever.

As Byleth and Jeralt approached the woman, Alois gave a slight wave and stood off in the corner.

"Jeralt, my old and dear friend. I wonder, was it the flow of time that brought you here?" Was the first thing the woman said. Her smile never faded and her gave a slight green gold. She stuck Byleth as well mannered, but her gaze almost came off as creepy.

"Hello, Lady Rhea." Jeralt sighed.

"You two know each other?" Byleth asked. Jeralt gave a slight nod in response.

"Oh, Jeralt and I have known each other for quite some time. It was rather long ago." The woman smiled brightly. "May I ask who you are?"

"My name is Byleth Valerian Eisner. I am Jeralt's daughter." Byleth bowed.

"A fine name, indeed. My name is Rhea, I am the current archbishop of the Church of Serios." She paused. "Valerian, is it not? That was... is... my favorite flower."

Jeralt seemed uncomfortable as Rhea said that, he shifted his weight. "I wish I could introduce you to the mother of my child but I am afraid to say we lost her to sickness."

Rhea sighed. "My deepest condolences. Still, I am happy you two are here. Jeralt, you already know that of which I am about to ask you, hmm?"

Jeralt shook his head, "You want me to rejoin the knights of Serios? I suppose that can be done. Not even I would turn down a request from you, Rhea."

Rhea gave a slight chuckle and shifted her gaze to an approaching green haired man dressed in a blue cloak. "Ah, this is my assistant, Seteth. He will be helping you two settle in. I would love to help you both myself but I am afraid my duties keep me from doing so."

Seteth bowed. He seemed even more well mannered than Rhea did. Uptight with no signs of joy in his somber expression.

"Yes, hello. You are Byleth, correct? It seems you are to be our new professor. I wish you luck." He seemed to be sizing Byleth and trying to intimidate her. When he saw that his efforts didn't even make her expression change, he sighed.

"Brother!"

Suddenly, a long green haired girl came sprinting in from another room. She tripped and got right back up. It was clear she had an apundence of energy, it made Byleth giggle.