Hero

Summary: Set in S1-3. A tribute to Buffy and Angel. Based on the song "Hero."

*Prom*

Would you dance?

If I asked you to dance?

Would you run

And never look back?

Would you cry

If you saw me crying?

Would you save my soul tonight?

It was a dark night, as Buffy and Angel danced at the Bronze to a slow song. He was a vampire with a cursed soul, and she was the Vampire Slayer of Sunnydale, but that didn't mean that they couldn't be together. No matter what, they were meant for one another.

*Prophecy Girl*

Would you tremble

If I touched your lips?

Would you laugh?

Oh, please tell me this

Now would you die

For the one you love?

Hold me in your arms tonight

It was a dark night in a cave-like place, as Angel held Buffy in his arms. He had found her, but just a little too late to save her from The Master and his Anointed One. He had to do something to save her though, even if it wasn't him to do it. He didn't have the breath, but Xander did. Thus, why Xander was with him.

*Acathla*

I can be your hero, baby

I can kiss away the pain

I will stand by you forever

You can take my breath away

It was a dark night, as Buffy and Angel fought against Spike and Dru's minions, trying to keep them from getting the box that held a piece of the ancient and powerful demon, Acathla. Ironically, it was Buffy's birthday.

Suddenly, Angel saw one of the minions push Buffy, making her fall off the dock and into the dark ocean water below.

"Buffy!" he yelled, knowing she couldn't swim.

A moment later, he dove off the dock and into the water below, which saved her life.

*Graduation*

Would you swear

That you'll always be mine?

Or would you lie?

Would you run and hide?

It was a dark night in some caves, as he and Buffy broke up, Angel thinking that it was the best thing for her. He still loved her, though. She was his world. He would die for her if it ever came down to it. If it ever came down to him or her even, he'd save her and care nothing about saving himself. That's how much she meant to him.

*Angelus*

Am I in too deep?

Have I lost my mind?

I don't care...

You're here tonight

It was a dismal night, as Angel staggered out into the rain, having just made love with Buffy, feeling pain but not exactly sure what was going on. Then, a moment later, he fell to his knees and his soul was gone. In the place of Angel, there was the most evil vampire next to Darla and The Master who ever lived. His vicious name was Angelus. Angel had had a moment of "perfect happiness." Now he had lost his soul for the first time, and was Angelus.

*The Three*

I can be your hero, baby

I can kiss away the pain

I will stand by you forever

You can take my breath away

Oh, I just want to hold you

I just want to hold you, oh, yeah

Am I in too deep?

Have I lost my mind?

Well, I don't care...

You're here tonight

I can be your hero, baby

I can kiss away the pain

I will stand by you forever

You can take my breath away

I can be your hero

I can kiss away the pain

And I will stand by you forever

You can take my breath away

I can be your hero

It was a dark night, as they talked in Buffy's room, having just escaped from being attacked by The Three. If he hadn't intervened, she would've been killed by them. So, that's why he had saved her and helped her out. And after talking, they suddenly kissed, but a moment later, he pulled away. That's when, a moment after that, she found out that he was a vampire and he left, going out her window.