Home Sweet Home

Summary: Post Buffy "End of Days" and Angel after "Not Fade Away." The Scoobies head to LA after the big battle. Cordelia has been in a coma in a lab in Wolfram and Heart. Wolfram and Heart building is going down. Who will save her?

Author's Note: Xander never lost an eye and Tara and Anya never died.

Dawn

I watch out the window as Andrew drives us towards LA in the bus, sitting in my own seat in the back. We lost the Potentials but won the fight. I'm just glad that our friends and my sister didn't die. Now I'll get to meet the LA gang for the very first time. I can't wait to meet them.

Buffy

I watch out the window, seat in front of Faith's seat, as we arrive in LA. We're that last two Slayers. The Potentials died in battle. LA looks the same as it always has. It never changed. And for once, I can't wait to see Angel.

Xander

I sit in a seat in front of Anya, looking out the window. I've never been to LA before. As I look out the window, it's just like any big city. Not that I've ever been to a big city before or anything. I've lived in Sunnydale all my life.

Suddenly, just as we're about to pass a building crashing down a little at a time, Anya says, "Stop the bus."

I look at her and stand up a moment after she does.

"What is it?" I ask, the bus halted.

Anya

I look at him.

"That's Wolfram and Heart. I have to go in there."

"Why? Is there something you're not telling anyone?" he asks me.

"Cordelia's in there. She's been in a coma now for six months. A little birdie told me."

"I'm helping. It's Cordy."

"Then let's go. Before everything collapses."

Xander and I run inside, everything shaking and collapsing, lights flickering. I stop at a door, Xander behind me. I pick up a card and put it to the door detector, opening it. I let the card drop.

"She's in here."

I rush in and go to stand at her left side. She lays in a coma on a table, hooked up to machines and tubes, ivy in her left arm.

Xander comes to stand beside me.

"What do we do?" he asks.

I go to shelves and cupboards hoping to find what I need to transport her without killing her. And I do. I rush over back to her side. I hook a tube up to her ivy, which is hooked to a liquid bag.

"Start taking tubes off of her. I'll do the rest," I tell him, looking at my ex-fiancée.

I put liquid in and then undo the insulator mask, replacing it with a different mask. He finishes with the tubes and I look at him.

"Okay. Let's get her out of here," I say.

He gently picks her up and carries her out, as I walk beside him holding the bag. As I do, I get a glimpse of Lilah Morgan on the floor, alive and hurt.