Chapter 11

Chapter song: Kiss Me by Ed Sheeran
(Becca's pov)
I walked into the alley to see Justin again.
"Hey shawty. Long time no see"
He smiled sweetly.
"Yea. I missed you"
I played along.
"Aw, I missed you too, bae"
He put his arm around me. It was freezing cold outside. We're in Canada, so it's usual. When we arrived at the park, we sat inside the small, plastic playhouse underneath the playground. It's not much, but it blocks out the wind.
"I don't want you to leave"
I mumbled as we sat on the cold ground.
"Shawty, I told you. I'm not leaving. I'll be back in a few days"
Justin's silky hair brushed against my forehead. We were face to face .
"Ugh, but that's not fair"
I inhaled his marshmallow and cologne scent.
"Hey, it'll be ok, baby. I'll be back in no time"
His nose brushed against mine.
"I still don't want you to go"
I mumbled.
"...I love you"
Justin's plump, warm lips pressed into mine. They sent shivers up my spine and a comforting sensation through me. His hands held me close and caressed my cheek.
"I love you too"
I hugged him from there. It sucks that he's leaving tomorrow. I'm gonna miss him. Justin moved me on his lap and put his arms around me.
"What are you thinking bout?"
He whispered.
"Not much"
I shrugged.
"Man, you are a terrible liar"
He was chuckling now.
"Shut up, Justin"
I pushed away from him, but he just pulled me closer.
"No need for that language, shawty"
He kissed my cheek.
"Justin, you can say every bad word in the dictionary, and I can't even say shut up?"
I made a point.
"Chill out, babe. Tell me what's on your mind"
He still didn't let it go. This is why I didn't want him finding out about anxiety. Now he's worrying about me even more than he should.
"You"
I replied simply.
"Why me?"
Justin was listening intensely.
"Cos I'm gonna miss you"
I mumbled.
"Becca, I'm gonna say this one last time, stop worrying about that. It's not like you're never gonna see me again"
His hand squeezed mine gently.
"You're right, but I guess it's just a habit to miss you. Especially, when I've spent everyday with you since we were 6"
I muttered in his ear.
"....Just hang in there, shawty. It's just a few days"
He placed small kisses on my cheeks and neck.
"Ok"
I nodded.
"Smile for me, baby"
He looked in my eyes.
"Nah, I don't feel like it"
I shook my head.
"Hmm...I know how to fix that"
Justin smirked.
"No Justin, you better not-"
Before I could finish, he started to tickle me. I purposely laughed loudly, so he would stop. And he did.
"Shh, bae...I see what you did there"
His hands were still on my sides.
"Good"
I giggled.
"At least you smiled"
He led me out from underneath the playground. The wind was beating against me, and I hugged Justin tightly, hoping to get warmth from him.
"Window shopping?"
He suggested.
"Sure"
I agreed to that. I'm sure you're asking why don't we just buy stuff? Well, neither of our families are the richest people alive. Plus, window shopping is pretty fun, and I get to spend the day with Justin. We walked into town and looked through the windows of different stores. Sometimes, when it's too cold outside, we go inside. That's what we're doing today. Justin and I entered a furniture store. We looked around and walked by the pillow and blanket area.
"Pillow fight"
Justin threw a pillow at me.
"Justin"
I giggled, picked up the pillow, and whacked him with it. We started hitting and throwing pillows at each other until a lady employee scolded us. We carelessly put the pillows in an unorganized order, then walked out of the store giggling and fixing ourselves.
"You started it"
I smoothed out my shirt.
"Who cares"
Justin was fixing his hair and flipped it until it laid the way he wanted it to.
"Now what?"
I'm asked before I was caught staring at him.
"Hmm...oh, let's go in there"
He pointed to a Bath and Body Works.
"Ok"
We rushed inside to beat the cold. I searched through the different smells.
"Hey Justin"
I called him to me.
"Yea"
When he walked up to me, I sprayed him with a girly fragrance.
"Ew, now I smell like a girl. Why'd you do that, bae?"
He tried wiping the smell off.
"Payback"
I smirked.
"For what?"
He was starting to crack a smile.
"You should know"
I giggled.
"What? C'mon, Shawty"
Justin smiled.
"Isn't there a McDonald's nearby? How much money do you have on you? I have $6"
I changed the subject.
"Uhm...$8. Are you hungry?"
He counted whatever was in his pocket.
"Yea"
I nodded.
"Let's go then"
He pulled me out and to McDonald's. We ordered a hot chocolate and a large fry to share.
"Justin"
I wiped my mouth.
"Hmm?"
He looked at me as he stuffed his mouth with fries.
"What's gonna happen if they accept you?"
I bit my lip.
"...I don't know"
He said after he swallowed.
"Does that mean you stay in Atlanta...forever?"
I didn't like the thought of that.
"Becca...no. Stop thinking I'm gonna leave you. I'm not. Just because I'm a few hours away doesn't mean I'm gone forever"
He took a sip from the hot chocolate.
"I know...I just want you here with me"
I mumbled.
"I can't promise I'll be here 24/7, but I will always be with you. I'm always gonna find a way to be with you. Your parents hate me, and I still found a way to be with you"
Justin had a good point.
"Promise?"
I mumbled.
"I promise"
He kissed my cheek and pulled me close. It was 3pm, and my parents are probably pissed. Well, maybe if they gave my phone back, I'd be able to contact them. Justin had to be home by 6pm, so we have about 3 hours.
"What now?"
I leaned close to Justin.
"Uhm...l have an idea"
He pulled me into an alley, then, unexpectedly, placed me gently against the wall. He kissed me soft and slow, letting the moment turn into magic. Time felt like it had stopped for us. I let his tongue have permission inside, and I raked my hands through his hair, making his SnapBack fall on the ground. His hands held my waist securely. I don't know long we kissed, but we were both out of breath.
"I love you"
He whispered.
"I love you too"
I leaned against him. He turned around and sat against the wall. I rested my head on his shoulder as he held me safely.
-4:30pm-
Damn, we fell asleep. How? It freezing outside. My fingers are literally blue.
"Justin, I think we should go inside"
I was shivering.
"Shit, yea let's go"
He put his arm around me, and we entered a Chinese restaurant.
"Are you ok?"
He was shivering too.
"Yea"
I nodded.
"Let's stay in here until we warm up"
We sat down in a booth.
"You guys need anything?"
The waitress asked.
"No thank you"
We didn't have enough money to buy anything. We spent most of it at McDonald's.
"I'll get you guys some tea, it's free"
She insisted.
"Sleep well?"
Justin smiled.
"Yep"
I giggled and he chuckled. When the tea arrived, I pressed my hands against it to keep them warm then sipped from it.
"We should start walking back before it gets too late"
Justin suggested.
"Yea"
We thanked the lady before walking out.
-5:15pm-
Finally, we arrived in our neighborhood. We saw something bad. My dad was at Justin's house, talking to his mom. We were so close to bring caught, but Justin pulled me down behind the bushes.
"No, Justin's not here. He's at his friend Ryan's"
Justin's mom said.
"Interesting. Thank you, ma'am"
My dad was probably onto us. Oh no.
"I'll tell him you dropped by"
Justin's mom said.
"No, he'll probably know"
My dad said knowingly. Justin pulled me into the alley.
"Shit shit, what do we do now, Justin? What if he finds out?"
I was fully panicking.
"Calm down, Becca. Just act normal. I have a plan. He's probably gonna go into town, so that means you pretend to be buying something. Go someplace where he would find you. If he sees that you're alone, he won't think you're with me, ok?"
Justin explained and I nodded.
"Go, you need to make it into town before he does. I'll see you soon"
He hugged me.
"Wait, but you're leaving tomorrow. I won't see you in days"
I remembered.
"...I love you"
He kissed me deeply.
"I love you too"
I kissed back.
"Go"
He pecked my cheek. I hesitated then ran my way into town. I entered a 7-Eleven and pretended to be looking through the snack area. I saw my dad walk in. This is the first store in town.
"Becca, what took you so long?"
My dad asked unpleasantly.
"I told you I was going for a walk"
I glared at him.
"C'mon, let's go"
He motioned me out. I didn't say anything else the whole way home.
"You found her"
My mom came up to me, but I just walked into my room. I wish Justin will never leave me. What if I don't see him again? Justin would tell me to stop worrying right now, but it's hard not to when he's gonna be away for more than a day. I can't even handle 5 minutes.