Chapter 14

Song Chapter: Next 2 You by Chris Brown
(Justin's pov)
I hate this. Why can't this be easy for me, for us? I love Becca, and I don't wanna fuck our relationship up.
"Becca, I made pancakes"
Her mom called.
"Ok, I'll be down in a second"
Becca redressed herself. I did the same then entered her closet.
"I'll be back soon"
Becca kissed my cheek before leaving. I'm gonna miss that. I'm gonna miss everything about Becca when I'm gone. Her scent, her eyes, her hair, her voice, her laugh, her blush, her touch, her lips. I know it's just a week, but to me, it feels like 1000 years. It's not like it's the end of the world though. I'm not gonna stop loving her ever. Fuck her dad. Fuck the distance. I love her. I've loved her for years, and I'll love her forever.
"I brought you some pancakes"
Becca returned and handed me a plate with 2 pancakes and syrup.
"Thanks, babygirl"
I took it thankfully and started eating.
"It's 11:15"
Becca narrowed her eyes.
"Hey, don't pay attention to that"
I spoke seriously.
"Sorry"
She mumbled.
"You have nothing to be sorry for"
I said before eating more of the pancakes.
"You have to leave soon"
She muttered.
"Ok, enough, Becca..."
I put down the plate and stood up.
"...If it helps any, I want you to have this"
I took off the silver chain I was wearing and put it over her head.
"What? Justin-"
"Whenever you feel lonely, remember I gave you this"
I kissed her hand.
"Ok"
She blushed then hugged me.
"I love you"
I kissed her passionately.
"I love you too"
Her arms tightened on me.
"I'll see you later, babe"
I made my way to her balcony.
"...Yea"
Becca wasn't happy.
"Can you do me a favor real quick?"
I stood at the edge of her balcony.
"Anything"
She looked at me generously.
"Smile for me"
I grinned at her. Becca grinned back adorably. I winked at her before climbing down the tree. I bet she's not smiling anymore, and that hurts. I already miss her, believe it or not. When I got home, mom was already ready to go.
"Are you ready, Justin?"
Mom got in the car.
"Yea"
I muttered sadly.
"Justin, sweetie, what's wrong?"
She asked as the car drove off.
"It's personal"
I sighed and rested my head against the window.
"Justin, you can tell me"
She drove while talking kindly.
"Ok...I really really really...miss Becca"
I admitted to her.
"Aw, that's so cute, but I understand what you feel. You two have always been close, and I know you'll find a way to be together. Right now is just not the time. Her parents are upset and you have a dream to accomplish. If you just hang in there, everything will be fine"
Mom parked into the airport.
"...You're right, mom. I guess I should just be patient"
I got out of the car.
"You'll be alright, sweetheart"
Mom kissed my cheek. Will I? What about Becca? Will she be alright?
. . .
We arrived back Atlanta, and I met up with Scooter and Usher again.
"Hey, how've you been, Justin?"
Usher and I were starting to become good friends so far.
"Good"
I smiled at him.
"Ok, so let's get you warmed up, then we can work some more on that album"
Scooter was doing something on a laptop.
"Ok"
I walked into a private room with Jan.
"You seem tense today"
Jan pointed out.
"Well, I'm a bit tired, but I'll be fine"
I said carelessly.
"Alright, let's get started"
Jan had me do some simple exercises to help my voice. It only took about 10 minutes, then I met back up with Scooter and Usher. So far, we had 4 songs done, One Time, Favorite Girl, Down to Earth, and Bigger. One Time was written for Becca, and so was Favorite Girl. Down to Earth was about my parents' divorce. I haven't seen my dad in a while. Bigger was written for fun.
"Ok, let's work on this song"
Usher suggested we work on one of my favorite songs, One Less Lonely Girl. It's one of the songs I've been working on for Becca over the past few days. I just randomly thought of the words "There's gonna be one less lonely girl. (I'm coming for you). I'm gonna put you first. (I'm coming for you). I'll show you what you're worth. That's what I'm gonna do
If you let me inside of your world. There'll be one less lonely girl". I was thinking of how Becca felt when I was gone.
"You know, JB, I'm just curious. Do you have a special girl in your life? I mean, you have to come up with these lyrics somehow"
Usher pointed out.
"Uh, yea, you're right. There's a girl. She's...very special"
I smiled at the thought of Becca.
"She must be...Anyways, so let's continue"
He handed me a pen, and I started thinking more of what to write.
-11pm-
Man, it's been a long night, but we've got the refrain done with some of the music. My eyelids were getting heavy on me, so we went to our hotel room, which was paid by Scooter and Usher again. I slipped into the cozy bed. Becca was on my mind. I bet she was feeling terrible right now. I want her so bad, so so bad.
(A/N: WARNING I'm about to skip 2 weeks ahead!!)
(Becca's pov)
-2 weeks later-
That's it. I can't take it. I have so much homework, and I'm devastated that Justin is not here. He said 1 week. It's been fucking 2 weeks!! What the hell?! Ugh, I can't take this. It feels like I'm going insane without Justin. I'm so behind in school. I have 3 tests on Tuesday, and I have C's in every subject. I'm so stressed out that my back hurts and I have an annoying headache. I've been crying most of the time. I'm running away. It's the only thing that'll make me feel better. I climbed down my balcony and made my way into the park. I hid inside the plastic playhouse and bursted into tears. I just want Justin. I'm mad and heartbroken. I'm tired of waiting.
-8am-
(Justin's pov)
We were making a huge improvement. One Time was released last week, and it's a hit. It could actually be on the radio. Scooter, Usher, and I were working on Common Denominator, which was also for Becca, when my mom walked in the room.
"Can I borrow Justin for a second?"
Mom asked.
"Sure"
They let me go. I followed my mom outside. She looked worried and guilty.
"Justin, Becca's mom called. She said that Becca was missing again. At first, they thought-"
"Is she ok? Mom, I need to see her again. I know where she might be!"
I exclaimed. Fucking shit. Not this again. Becca ran away. Of course she did. What do I expect when I've been gone for 2 weeks. I know I told her 1 week, but Scooter and Usher said that we should just finish the album. I can't say no them.
"But Justin...ugh, just finish what you're working on while I talk with Scooter"
Mom sighed. I was desperate to get back to Canada. While mom talked with Scooter, Usher and I worked on the 1st and 2nd verse. Scooter returned, and he didn't look bothered.
"Hey, Usher. Justin's gotta step out for the day"
Scooter told Usher.
"Ok, that's cool. We'll call you up later"
Usher said to me. I nodded and went with my mom. We got on the next plane, which was in 45 minutes. Shit, why did Becca have to do this tonight? Finally, we boarded the plane. I couldn't think straight. Did Becca run away because of her anxiety? Was she too stressed out? She did say that it was stressful without me. I hope she's ok. There's only 3 places she would go: in the woods, the park, or in the far north alley from her house. Ugh, can this plane go any faster? I impatiently tapped my fingers against my seat. It took a lot to keep myself from throwing a fit. I feel so bad. This is the second time I was gone for too long. Becca's gonna be pissed at me.