Manager || Oikawa (fluff)

Not a lot to say, but I hope you enjoy!

-
-
-

Everyone knew that Aoba johsai's star player and their manager had something going on. They could tell from the lovings glances they tried to hide and the excuses he would make just to get her to look after him. He would fake injuries just so that they would have some alone time.

But of course, no one confronted the two about this, in fear of being punished by the kind-hearted manager, who wasn't so kind-hearted if you were to push one of the wrong buttons.

————————————————————-

Today was just like every other day, you were sitting on the bench, observing your team and writing down any mistake or fault in their performance. One thing you noticed, was that their was some sort of unease within the team.

Iwaizumi kept messing up his spikes and failed to send the ball where he wanted it to. Matsukawa wasn't able to block high enough so the ball slipped either over his hands or through. In general, the team wasn't their normal selves. Everyone kept either messing up a serve/spike, weren't able to block the ball properly or the ball kept hitting the ground.

But there was one thing that stood out to you. The man in the #1 jersey. You observed him closely, and you started to realise that he wasn't dragging his hand as far back as he used to when he did one of his famous jump serves. You watched him hit the ball and send it straight to the net.

He landed on his feet and groaned in annoyance, picking up another ball and slamming onto the ground in frustration before attempting to serve again. This time he hit the ball so hard that it collided with Iwaizumi's back.

"Ow! What the hell shittykawa?!" The wing spiker yelled but stopped once he saw the angered look on their captains face.

Iwaizumi looked over at you, to tell you to go comfort him, but you were already setting your stuff down and walking over towards him.

Once you got to the ace setter, you stood in front of him, cupping his cheeks and making him look at you. You brushed his fringe out of his face and sent him a gentle smile.

"What's wrong Tōru?" You said softly, just loud enough so he could hear you over the loud squeaking of shoes against the ground.

He stayed silent, placing his hand above yours and resting his face there, closing his eyes as he let out a relieved sigh. You both stayed there for a moment before you slowly dragged him outside of the gym, making sure his crazed fan girls wouldn't see him.

You sat him down and crouched in front of him, taking his hand in between both of yours. You looked at him, and you both held eye contact for a moment. Then you decided to speak.

"What's wrong?" You asked once again, worry evident in your voice.

"I....I..." He could barely speak before he pulled you onto his lap and buried his face in the crook of your neck.

"Shiratorizawa? Are you still thinking about them?" You ask, already knowing the answer. It was all he thought about, ever since middle school, he would push himself past his limits, just so he could one day, beat them.

You felt him nod. You sighed and gently ran your fingers through his hair. You pushed him away gently and cupped his face again. You sent him a gentle smile and removed one of your hands, only to place a gentle kiss on his cheek.

"You'll beat them. One day. I know you will." You said, watching a pink hue spread across his cheeks. You got off of him and offered him his water bottle, which you thankfully managed to pick up on your way out of the gym.

He smiled at you before taking the bottle and gulping down most of the water in it. He handed you the bottle once again before standing up and taking your other hand. He placed a gentle kiss on the back of it and smiled up at you.

"If those 9 words were to have come from anyone else, I would've called them an idiot...but coming from you..that's the best damn thing I've heard all day." He said before intertwining his fingers with your and guiding you back into the gym.

Once you sat back down, you saw him call everyone in. This time, you could see the tension in the air almost immediately disperse. Now that their captain was okay, so were they. He sent them back to doing what they were doing before. All of them had wide smiles on their faces.

You smiled at the thought of this, going back to observing their moves. This time, everyone was a lot more precise, Iwaizumi hit his spikes perfectly and Matsukawa never failed a block. Everyone was back on their 'A' game.

You looked down at the clipboard in front of you but felt a tap on your shoulder. You looked up and were greeted by Oikawa.

"What is it?" You asked, looking up at him with a bright smile.

"Thank you." He said, before leaning down and pecking your lips quickly. Heat rose to your cheeks as he smirked and ran off, continuing to practice his serves.

You smiled and glared playfully at the boy. You went back to writing stuff down, occasionally getting distracted by Oikawa coming up to you and giving random kisses.

You weren't mad. Not at all.

God, he's a pain.

-
-
-

I hope you enjoyed the first Oikawa oneshot of this book! It wasn't my best work but this idea popped into my head randomly so I did it. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed it! Thank you for reading!