Memories || Bokuto (angst)

Finally some Bokuto.

This has a fem!reader

.
.
.

There was no noise in the apartment, other than the slight snores from your lover who was clinging to your side. It was morning and you could see the small rays of sun peeking through the beige curtains. You smiled peacefully as you looked at the date on your phone.

'Saturday, 21 December'

The glowing letters on your screen sent a small pang to your heart as you realised what day it was. You smiled though. You knew he would want you to.

You gently placed your phone back down and sighed, wrapping your arms back around your sleeping lover. You stared up at the walls for what seemed like hours, reminiscing on old memories and promises you never got to keep.

High school mainly. High school was what you were thinking about. Fukurōdani, one of the powerhouse schools in Tokyo. You attended that school for three years and met some of the greatest people you know there. You got to watch the volleyball team kick ass and go up against tough opponents.

You had always loved the volleyball team, you loved volleyball in general. You couldn't play it but you enjoyed watching it.

But there was one thing you loved the most about it. You had him.

You got to watch him cheer and scream when he hit a spike right. When his team one and he pulled them all in for a victory hug. When he would go all emo when he failed to spike it right. You were there with him the whole way.

The thought of him brought a bittersweet taste to your mouth as you tried to conceal your shaky breathes.

The way he would look at you after a game, like he was relieved that you were there and that he could finally hold you. Especially after they lost a game.

He would beat himself up about it when they did lose, but you were always there to hold him. That's what he loved about you. You knew everything about him, and you knew what to do and say when he was down.

You smiled as you imagined his toothy grin, the thought almost bringing tears to your eyes. Oh how you missed it...

It was wrong. So unbelievably wrong.

You were thinking of another man while in the arms of your lover. You knew it was wrong.

He...

Wasn't yours anymore.

So you suppressed those thoughts and focused on the man laying in your arms. You gently brushed your fingers through his hair and let a small smile grace your features.

A small groan left his lips as he snuggled his face further into your shoulder. You let out a small laugh.

"Good morning love, how was your sleep?" You asked, slowly rubbing circles on his back.

"Would've been better if you let me put those black curtains on last week. These beige curtains aren't keeping the light out at all." He said, his voice muffled by your skin.

"I'm sorry Tetsurō." You laughed at your grumpy boyfriend.

"At least let me put them on today..." He groaned, his sleepy voice bringing a smile to your face.

"Okay, we'll both do it today." You said, resting your chin on his head.

You both stayed that way for a while after that before you both decided to go out for breakfast.