Home || Akaashi (fluff + kinda angst)

I'm supposed to be doing work rn but I'm doing this instead :p.

Enjoy!

Reader is a third year.

-
✖︎
-

Your fingers were intertwined with his as you stared out onto the city below you. He squeezed your hand gently and moved closer to you.

You smiled up at him, turning your body so you faced him. You let go of hand and started to play with the bracelet around or wrist, you then turned your head to stare back out at the sun slowly setting behind the settings.

"Can you believe it Keiji? The years almost over. Do you have anything planned for New Years?" You asked, turning your head back to see your boyfriend still watching the city below.
He was silent.

You smiled softly, knowing exactly what was going through his mind.

You had graduated a few days ago. The college you were accepted into was abroad, meaning you were moving away. He didn't think much of it at the beginning of the year but now that it was happening, he didn't like it one bit.

He was going to miss you so much, you were one of the first people who made him feel special. Made him feel at home.

His heart crinkled and twisted in pain at the thought of not being able to see you until next summer. That was too long, he couldn't bare to be away from you for that long.

What if you found someone new? Someone who made you feel more loved than he did? You knew he wasn't good at those things, did you? What if there was someone better than him?

"Keiji." You spoke. He turned to face you, so many emotions swirling in his eyes that you couldn't read him properly. Akaashi was always like this though, he's always been difficult to read.

"Give me your hand." You said, holding you hand out. He obliged, slowly placing his hand on yours.

You gently flipped his hand around to reveal his wrist. You took a non-toxic marker out of your bag and smiled up at him.

"Close your eyes for me." You said, holding your hand up to cover his eyes. He did what you said once again, closing his eyes.

You started to scribble on his arm. After a few seconds you pulled away, clicking the lid back on before smiling at her work.

"You can open them now." You said softly, watching him slowly open his eyes and look down at his wrist.

His eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he looked from his wrist and then back up to you. You smiled softly, cupping his face in your hands and leaning your forehead against his.

"It's you Keiji. You are my home...and I will always come back home, to you." You said softly, looking into his eyes with a loving expression.

His cheeks flushed bright red as he pulled you into a soft hug. You immediately hugged back as a soft pang hit your heart.

He didn't want to let you go. He couldn't handle the thought of being away from you for that long. You promised you'd come to see him when he graduated but that was too far away.

You were leaving tomorrow. He would wake up to an empty bed. It hurt his heart because he didn't want to let you go. Although, he knew he had to, for you.

He couldn't hold you back from accomplishing your dreams. He wouldn't hold you back. He was happy for you, but apart of him wanted to be selfish and keep you all to himself.

He was proud of you, for getting accepted into your dream university. For getting through all of your years of high school. For a lot of things actually.

But still...

He didn't want to let you leave tomorrow.

But...

After you wrote that word on his arm. That one simple word, brought butterflies to his stomach and made him feel slightly better.

Maybe, just maybe he wouldn't be so lonely his first day back. Maybe the feeling of walking to school alone and not having two people constantly nagging him all day as he made it to his first class of the year wouldn't feel so dark.

Not only you were leaving, but so was his best friend. Bokuto Koutaro. Who just so happened to be your brother.

Maybe the daunting feeling of having no one to sit with at lunch would feel less heart wrenching. Maybe he would get used to that lonely feeling. Just maybe.

Deep down, he knew that you would stay true to your word.

You would return home, one day.

You would come back home.

To him.

-
✖︎
-

Hope you enjoy!!

(Unedited)