Hurt || Nishinoya (fluff)

Ah! So this book is getting nowhere 😅. Oh well, I'm gonna keep writing in it because I love Haikyu. ☺️

This one has a fem!reader.

-
-
-

You were in the girls volleyball team in Karasuno, you were currently facing off against one of the other teams in your prefecture. The position you played in was Libero, like your boyfriend, Nishinoya from the boys volleyball team in Karasuno.

It was match point for your team, but they kept racking up the points and ended up at match point as well. You were frustrated, beyond angry with yourself that you couldn't keep the ball up in the air.

The worst thing was, your boyfriend was sitting in the stands with the rest of his team, watching your team carefully. You were messing up horribly, you were all over the place.

You felt...

Ashamed.

"Damnit! I'm sorry! I'll get it next time!" You said to your team, sweat dripping down your face.

"Don't worry about it Y/N!" You heard someone shout from the stands.

"Yeah! You've got this! Keep going!" You turned around and saw that it was Nishinoya, and his best friend Tanaka. You smiled before turning back to the team.

'Okay, think. They can't do any quick attacks, it'd be too risky and we'd possibly take the whole set. They'll be aiming for the other side of the court where I'm not guarding. So, all I have to do is be quick.' You thought, looking to your left but seeing the ball already making contact with the floor.

Your eyes widened, you were too late. You heard their team cheer loudly and the groans of defeat from your own. They had taken the first set, meaning your team was one step closer to losing this game.

"Shit! God- I'm sorry! That was all me! I'll be sure to get it next time!" You said, bowing apologetically to your team.

"Don't stress it Y/N, you're doing great. I should apologise for not blocking it properly." You couldn't tell who said that because you were too busy staring at the ground.

Soon the next set started and your team was in the lead by two. That lead didn't last long and your team ended up 5 points behind. The opposing team was already back at match point.

'Damnit. What does captain want me to do?!' You said, shooting a quick glance at your captain. The thing you didn't expect, was that because you weren't paying attention to where the ball was going, it almost collided with your face.

You quickly stepped to the side and barely dodged it, lifting your arms up to receive it..but something went wrong.

The angle you hit it at was different and sporadic due to how fast you had to act, because of this, the moment the ball made contact with your wrist, it was game over.

"AH!" You let out a loud yelp of pain as you fell to the ground, gripping your wrist. The ball fell to the ground inside your side of the court.

"Y/N!" You heard your team yell as they rushed to your side. The game seized and you were being surrounded by your team.

"Y/N!!" You heard a familiar voice yell out as you looked up to see your boyfriend jumping down from the stands and sprinting full speed towards you. He crouched down next to you and grabbed your wrist, his eyes widening in horror at the sight of it.

It was broken.

Tears welled up in your eyes as the pain gradually got worse. Nishinoya cupped your cheeks with his hands and whispered reassuring words, telling you that everything would be fine as you cried into his embrace.

————————————————————-

You were now in the ER, laying down in the bed with a blank look in your eyes. Your hand that wasn't in a cast was being held gently by the libero of the Karasuno boys team. He gently rubbed the back of your hand with his thumb as you both sat in silence.

"It was all my fault. I should've payed more attention to the ball. We lost because of me." You said, your voice cracking mid-sentence.

This annoyed Nishinoya, how could this possibly be your fault? You didn't intentionally break your wrist, it was just that you hit the ball weirdly, but that still wasn't your fault at all.

"Don't say that, it wasn't your fault. Hell, it wasn't anyone's fault. Sure, you weren't paying attention, but there was no way of knowing that the ball was coming your way. They didn't lose because of you, it was just the lack of experience your team has. You'll get your revenge next year, I promise." He said, looking up at you with a bright smile.

You smiled with tears in your eyes. You were beyond thankful to have a boyfriend like him. He kept you happy and made sure you never doubted yourself.

"I love you." Was all he said, placing a gentle kiss on your forehead.

"I love you too." You replied, feeling the weight on your heart slowly disappear.

-
-
-

So that's it I guess! Nishinoya is one of my favourite characters so I had a lot of in making this! Anyways! Sorry for any mistakes in the writing but I hope you enjoyed. Thank yo for reading! Bye!