Chapter Two

JAY

Even though he was covered head to toe in sweat and his muscles were mildly tired from practice, Jay sprinted up the stairs to his room, taking the stairs by threes, closed the door, and yanked off his smelly shirt. Landing at the foot of his bed, he whipped the IPhone in its mustard yellow silicon case out from his gym bag and tapped the glossy black screen to bring it to life.

The screen illuminated a picture of Sydney and a guy leaned against each other, shoulder to shoulder nonchalantly.

His jaw became tight, so much so the pressure on his teeth forced him to breathe and loosen the grip that the torpido of jealousy had claimed on his body. Jay felt a mild sense of disappointment of his body's instinctual reaction, to a girl he had never even had a conversation with.

Nevertheless, there on his mate's screen was a picture of her with none other than Mathew Hills. Mathew was one of the omegas of his soon to be pack, and a very low omega at that.

Sydney was leaning into him as her blonde hair was whipped around them from the wind. The two wore grand smiles on their face and their cheeks pink like they were previously been laughing together. Mathew's brown eyes were bright and locked on Sydney. Her purple haired friend, her hair was a powery blue in this photo, and the other girl who drove the car early that evening sat posed behind Sydney and Mathew staring at each other with funny faces, but that didn't matter to Jay's wolf.

'She's ours!' He snarled.

Ignoring him Jay pressed on. The phone was locked with a four-number code.

'What were you expecting? It to be unlocked or say, 'oh my phones locked but here's my password'?' His overly snarky wolf asked. 'She's a hot young woman for goodness sake. I bet guys are trying to steal her phone all the time. What if she has pictures of herself naked on there!?'

While Sydney did not truly strike Jay as one to do that, his wolf growled at the thought of someone getting to see her naked body. That last thought discomforted Jay, but he was trying to write it off as a discomfort he would feel for any poor girl, whose photos could fall into the wrong hands.

'What if she has a boyfriend? Ha, she can't find a better boyfriend than me, but she sure can find a way better boyfriend than you!' His wolf mocked.

'Do you lack the ability to shut up?' Jay shot back angered by his joke.

'Well-'

'Don't answer that.'

'Whatever you say bud, but we are finding out if she has a boyfriend. And say she does...let's just say he'll end up gutted and scattered in the woods.'

'I am concerned with where your mind is at.' Jay said dissaprovingly.

'I know I'm just so brillian-'

Jay quickly shut his chatty wolf and his massive ego down then continued to see if there was a way around the lock on Sydney's phone.

Jay and his wolf were often polar opposites of each other. Because of that they normally complemented each other well but it also brought up millions of arguments. Jay didn't consider himself the a cliché alpha-to-be who slept with everybody because he didn't. He merely slept with people who had high reputation. People never saw Jay with anybody 'lower' then him and not for the reason that they were 'lower' than him, but because he wasn't looking to shatter a innocent girls heart.

Jay's wolf hated it though. His personality was what every girl dreams of finding in a man whether they admitted it or not. The wolf was sweet and old fashion romantic. He is Mr. 'let me get that door for you' and Mr. 'kiss on the back of the hand greeting.' He was very straight forward too, brutally honest, but his sole focus on finding his mate bordered on obsessive to Jay, something he wanted to steer clear of in the toxic masculinity that was waffering in the air fo today.